Thread: Resurrection Bay - realistic chances?

Default Resurrection Bay - realistic chances?

My 2nd batch of relatives just got here, and I'd like to get them out on the water. Our commercial fishing boat is out of commission, so I've been reduced to looking at renting a boat. I can rent a skiff in Seward for 4 hours for a pretty reasonable rate, but they restrict you to a line from Fox island directly to Caines Head. What are our chances of having some success fishing in there? Are there silvers inside the bay in any numbers yet? As for halibut, I know we can drop a line...but is anyone willing to share a decently productive chicken hole inside the bay? Just cruising around would be fine, but I would love to know where to drop a line. Thanks for the help!

-Brian

BM

If you can make it to Fox Island, you can make it to Rugged Island and should be able to make it to Pony Cove. We tore up the Silvers in Pony Cove on July 3 but I hear they have slowed down some since then. The bite was best before 11:00 and slowed down after that. I also heard he silvers were in at Mary's Bay on Rugged. I haven't really found the Halibut inside Ressurrection yet.

Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle

Alas, the boat rental company won't let us take the boat out that far. I've been on the water all my life in PWS, so I don't doubt my ability to make it that far if the weather is good, but I've got to abide by the rules in place if I decide to rent their boat. Any other ideas for inside the bay? Even just for black rockfish?

-Brian

Default inside the bay

Brian,
    You should be able to pick up rockfish on the left hand side as soon as you get into Thumb Cove, & some right infront of Caines head. We have always caught twice as many by thumb cove but they are generally smaller.
    The narrows are hit & miss, my buddy has gone out the last 2 weeekends & picked up 1 good fish each time, butt, yelloweye, & a ling (that you can't keep) but it is fairly slow & I don't know if they consider that in your legal area to take the boat.