Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: $$$$$$ How much did you spend????

Default $$$$$$ How much did you spend????

So in an effort to have a new thread I'm curious as to how much everyone spent on getting or not getting their moose this year???? Did you buy a new atv, boat, canoe, raft, rv, etc. Hire a guide? New gun, knife, binos, scope, etc?

I'll start. This is the first year I didn't spend a lot. I spent around $150 for fuel and food and didn't buy any new toys. I was extremely lucky and fortunate to get a moose so easily. In the past however, I spend about $1000 per moose hunt and have gone way over that with others.

I'm really hoping my wife doesn't think I'm going to make a habit out of this though.

Thumbs up

I got lucky.....less than $200. $90 in fuel and about $80 in some chain breaking tools I didn't want to be without on the hunt.

Oh yeah....whatever 2 - 30.06 Remington core-lokt 180 gr. rounds cost...
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

My cost in fuel was minimal. If time is money I spent quite a bit, but as far as raw dollars go I spend a couple hundred $ or so to get my moose. No new gear but I did take some meat to Pioneer meats for pioneer slims and Jalapeno sticks.

I haven't hunted a moose in years. But, if deer count, I've spent less than $100.00 on gas and sandwiches this year.
    "...just because we didn't agree with you doesn't mean we didn't have good discussion. It just means you missed it." -JMG-

Our hunt was a easy one this year, the trip to Delta and back with a free place to stay, I think we spent more on snacks than anything else.
    Gremlin, I just heard from Lisa today, our stuff is ready, Im not looking forward to this bill!

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    My cost in fuel was minimal. If time is money I spent quite a bit, but as far as raw dollars go I spend a couple hundred $ or so to get my moose. No new gear but I did take some meat to Pioneer meats for pioneer slims and Jalapeno sticks.
    "In the interest of protecting my privacy I will no longer be accepting Private Messages generated from this site and if you email me, it better be good!"

Default Hope my wife doesn't read this.

You guys are making me nervous here. I'm going to have to make sure my wife doesn't see this thread. I've always been able to justify my expenditures in the past but not if this is seen. Where's the big dollar guys, help me out.

I'm not going to be much help to ya spent about $200 on moose and almost never spend more than $400 for the year!

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    That place is great.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsryd View Post
    You guys are making me nervous here. I'm going to have to make sure my wife doesn't see this thread. I've always been able to justify my expenditures in the past but not if this is seen. Where's the big dollar guys, help me out.
    Just show her this thread :
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=19695

Gremlin, I just heard from Lisa today, our stuff is ready, Im not looking forward to this bill!
    Yup, that was the majority of my expense this year, but the Jalapeno sticks are worth it. The ps are good but not nearly as good as the jalopeno's. Im still left wondering what is the difference between ps and pepper sticks??????

Default High dollar fun

New binocs windriver 12x50s $375,garmin 530 gps $330 food and bevrages $600, gas $300. Last year new wall tent 12x14 $1700 cots $200 stove $300,camp pads $300.But the nice thing is the wife goes with me the binocs and gps were for her she likes the tent with heat. This list does not count for the tracks for my Argo or the clutch that broke on the way out. But it is all worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsryd View Post
    Ok, I can make you feel better! My new boat is sitting in my driveway waiting to have a motor installed and its main purpose is to haul myself and family members up to the Koyukuk and beyond for moose every year.
    Cost: A bunch!
    Memories: Worth every penny
    Tennessee

Not sure if I remember my high school math correctly, but I think if you divide $1200 by 0 moose, you get an irrational number...
    Jim Creek - Home of the burning car hook cast!

Default The Hunt

The Moose hunt is PRICELESS!
    If you have to add it all up in dollars you can't afford it....stay home and spank the monkey or something cheap.

Default unknown

I'm afraid to add it all up. All I can say is that I'm getting ready to move and this was my first alaska hunt and I had to outfit the wife as well so it was $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Plenty, not counting meat processing around $6,000???????

Default Cost for Moose hunt

I hunted north of coldfoot on the DM920 tag I drew this year, and the total came to $1625.00 and heres how I broke it down--$75 for arrows, $300 for fuel, $250 for groceries, Mountain house, water purification drops, stove fuel, game bags...etc., $400 for meat processing (Alaska Smoke house, Fairbanks), $500 for Coolers, and $100 for misc. expense in Coldfoot (a nice cheeseburger with a beer or nice prepared meal was nice once in a while) all other gear I already had, I did spend 22 days up there chasing sheep, and watching others kill bou until the 1st of Sept, which I came down south of the brooks range to commence my Moose hunt, which only took 12 days to get my trophy. I don't really put a price on time spent up there, but all in all for a solo hunt, it was a priceless experience, and a hunt of a lifetime...I would't trade it for anything...CK

Airfare: $326
    Additional freight: $398
    Fuel and sundries: $300
    2 boxes ammo for my friend: $0
    1 Tote: $47
    Turned out not too bad and entirely worth the cost.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Default Now we're talking!!!!

Now we're hearing from my kind of hunters. I'll be able to show this thread proudly to the wife......... (now if I can only figure out how to delete the posts from the $200 and under guys????)

I have always believed that buying half a beef would be cheaper but I go for the adventure and count my moose as a added bonus.

Here you go Itsryd, let you wife read this one if you need some ammo.

Pro Pioneer Raft with extra "stuff" - $2500
    Swarovski EL's Binocs- $1900
    Leica Rangefinder - $600
    New clothing (camo, Under Armor..) $300
    New Marmot Lair Tent $1900
    Wiggys Bag $270
    Barneys Frame & Bag $520
    Flight $650

I'd better stop now, this is getting scary....Well anyways, at least I have good gear for the following couple years. The hunts "should" get cheaper right?????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast