Thread: ice fishing forum

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default ice fishing forum

with the salmon runs generally over and the fresh water about to freeze up maybe an ice fishing forum might be a good idea for the winter months. we could share ideas on baits, rigs, custom shacks and so on.

Default I second That!

Great Idea. I cant wait to get out on the ice. I think its the best time to get the kids out too.
    Lest get a ice fishing forum.

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Mark

I third the great idea.

Heck, fishing in Alaska is through the ice for a good portion of the year.............

Default Usually

Usually everyone just posts their ice fishing messages here. And yes it is getting there. Summit Lake was close to freezing over last Monday. Many of the smaller lakers running down the Richardson north of Summit Lake were freezing up as well. It won't take much to get the lakes completely covered.

Better start sharpening the augers and cleaning out the ice fishing takle box of old eggs and such.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

ya this is a good place for ice fishn stuff...there's nothing else going on, it'll keep this board moving also, kind of a nice segue from summer to winter and back to summer again....no need to board ourselves to death

http://www.iceshanty.com has a good alaska section with a pretty active member group once things freeze up

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    http://www.iceshanty.com has a good alaska section with a pretty active member group once things freeze up
    That is a good I deal. Maybe someone know where there is a good spot to set burbot lines also

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by gokorn1 View Post
    That's a pretty good forum. There are several who particpate on that Alaska board who also particpate here.

Default I'm one

It is a good site, and I've gotten some good info there.
    screen name: groundsluice_pete

Mark

I'm Hungry4Fish.

thats a good idea

Chugiak, Alaska, United States, United States

Default ice shanty

yes it does look like a good forum. only ice fishing, people seem freindly enough and they divide everyone into teams so they must have some type of freindly competion going on for the season. looks like a good way to make the winter go by.

problem with this deal is those fish you paintstakingly take pictures of, with the logo and the tape.....then attempt to release in 20 and 30 below temps are being killed just so you can tape them. Have witnessed this first hand. I wont partake in it!!! Even in a heated fish house, snap a pic and gettem down the hole!!!

Talking thanks Sayak!

"Release Wild Stickleback"!!!!!

Once again, these forums have given me that hearty chuckle that lightens the day...
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.