Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Bow Sights

Default Favorite Bow Sights

I am thinking about changing the sight on my bow and was just wondering what kind of sights that you guys use or really recomend.

Default Cobra Easy Slide

I like the Cobra Easy Slide. You place your own tape on the bar and mark all your distances out as far as you like. I can actually print mine on the computer. Very accurate. When in the field I keep it set to 30 yards and hitting anything out to 35 is a piece of cake. If in the treestand I range several trails and set it to the average distance. For caribou I range the animal and set it to the distance. I like one pin.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default sight

i had the same Cobra sight that Dave has, but recently changed to a trophy ridge Flatliner. I did like only having the one pin in my sight picture, but sometimes i would forgot to adjust it out at the 3D course, sending arrows way over or under the target.
    I have been very happy with the trophy ridge, and I like how the pins are lined up along the bottom of the sight instead of the down the side, it gives a much more open sight picture.

Jake

I currently shoot a Cobra Sidewinder LX sight with .019" pins. I went with that site as I was doing a fair amount of hunting out of my ground blind last year and needed a fiber optic sight that showed up well in low light conditions, especially while inside a darkened blind. What I do not like about the sight is the fiber optic thread is exposed for about 1" on the back of the sight where it comes out of each pin. The threads are rather delicate and I've already broken one while walking through brush, although they can be fixed in the field without much trouble. It is a decent sight but I don't think they're on par with a Copper Johns or Spott Hogg. The small diameter pins are nice as they don't block your view when lining up on a target.

Thumbs up cobra sidewinder

I also use and like to cobra sidewinder. I also don't like the unprotected fiber on the back of the pins and I believe cobras latest sight, I forget the name, fixes this issue. Other than that one item, i have no complaints. A great site.

Has anyone used the new red dot style bow sight? I think it called the Hot Dot or something like that?

Default My favorite.

My favorite bow sites area huge bull moose.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default Hot Dot by Summitt?

K9, the Hot Dot by Summitt is an illegal sight in AK (for hunting). It is an electronically powered sight, as well as has an electronically powered level. The current Handy Dandy, page 17, center column states,
    "YOU MAY NOT USE ELECTRONIC DEVICES OR LIGHTS ATTACHED TO THE BOW, ARROW OR ARROWHEAD....."
    You may also not use scopes or other devices attached to the bow for optical enhancement.
    I am not assuming you do not know the regs. Just want to make sure others do.
    This similar question came up in shooting recently. I spoke with L. Dahlke, AST/Wildlife Enforcement. The same sight on a firearm would be legal as long as it did not project a light/beam or is a night vision type of scope/sight.
    I did go to F&G on Monday and looked through the current "bible". The restrictions in the Handy Dandy are verbatim per the Regulation book.

Im sure it was just a freak chance but I bought a set of trophy ridge sites a while back and they drilled the hole off center of the ways for the sight to slide left to right. Like I said Im sure it was just a fluke.

Default Spot Hogg

I use a Spot Hogg with a sunshade and lengthened site fibers. It works real well, but there kind of expensive.

I use a Toxonics .019 five pin.

These sights are metal and tough along with being quiet, the fiber optics on them are amazing, you could get brighter with a larger .029 pin but the smaller pin is bright enough for me and doesnt cover up the target at longer ranges.

They are priced well too, paid like $90.00 for mine.

Kay9 cop... I have a buddy that has the scope on his Mathwes, they are legal here in Michigan ... he does not like the sight at all... says it is too heavy, he has a hard time aquiring the target at low light, and it is difficult to adjust for yardage... also pretty pricy.

Spott Hog hunter hog-it sight with aftermarket full length fibers. Buy the sight and then run fibers the length of the bar. Bright well into the night!

Copper John new micro.. I'm still a big fan of the .19 pin.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Any of you using the flash point micro by montana black gold?

Red face Sight

Just picked up the Limbsaver 5 pin sight and LOVE IT. Real bright and very sturdy and easy to adjust. Would recommend one!

Default Sight....

I've been using a Copper John with pins out to 70yds for the last 4 years. Great sight and has taken quite a beating on a lot of hunts. I like the extra pins as I practice quite a bit at the longer ranges which makes those 30-40yd shots seem easy. I've recently been playing with a 7 Deadly Pins sight by Spot Hogg and I really like the adjustments but I can see where some people might not like all those pins as it does cloud the sight picture.

Default Bow sight

Another vote for Spot Hogg. Simple, easy to adjust, very well made & durable. Built like a brick..., well you know.

Another vote for a SpotHogg. It's the only sight that's held up for me.

Default flash point

I have the flash point by Montana Black Gold. Works as advertised. Super bright in low light conditions and when its bright out the pins aren't too bright. Very good sight. Their products have always been very durable. Mine did come with the bracket made to mount on a lefty bow even though the package was marked other wise. I called Montana and they mailed me the correct part.

Stop using Spot Hogg 'Went with Limb saver Prism Sight,s.Easy to set up and adjust.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast