Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 20 Mile & Portage Marsh

Default 20 Mile & Portage Marsh

Curious how frozen up it's getting in the marshes and if the birds are stopping or moving on through?

Thanks

Default Maybe

You should go take a look! God I hate lazy people

Default Ass!sumptions

Lazy? I don't think so - just need to know how much time I need to break ice before legal shooting. God, I hate dumb assumptions!

I hunted the flatts Monday evening and had to break up my puddle. Almost all the spots I usually hunt out there were frozen, of course I didnt hunt more than a mile or so out from where I walk in so I cant say how the water looks further out. I did see alot of ducks fly over my deeks heading out that way. If I had a stand to keep my dog out of the water I probably would have walked out there.

Default it's not

I went down to 20 mile today, With the rain, wind and above freezing temps. there was not much ice, actually none- there were good flocks of ducks flying around down there and tons of swans. ducks didn't respond to anything swans we can't kill. i got nothing, take it for what it's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by dwight View Post
    Lazy? I don't think so - just need to know how much time I need to break ice before legal shooting. God, I hate dumb assumptions!
    Well if you went down and looked for your self then you would know wouldn't you . Like I said lazy. The power of the internet.

Default portage

I feel for you dwight----------but, any response you would receive from someone who is proud of a empty wiskey bottle and a pirate flag probably shouldnt post on a respectable forum---kids---what are we teaching them??

Default LOL

Xmo that cracks me up

Default Well...

Isn't The Purpose Of This Forum To Share Information??
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default Idea...

Maybe There Should Be A Seperate Archive For Pointless, Ignorant, And Stupid Posts...just For Laughs
    ...Jackie Bushman is a TOOL

Default whoa

the power of the internet allows us some room for laziness, if that's what you want to call it. I think of it as more of a cost effective, time saving tool that allows one to gather information from others who share the same interests. The duckboy seems to have nothing better to do with his time but attempt to point out others supposed shortcomings.
    Gunup1

grizzeyes

The Duckman probably just made his coffee a little stronger than usual is all.

Default My coffee is just fine.

NO I just have flash backs from time to time. And remember what it was like when most of you lived some place else. It's just something I haven't gotten used to yet.If I rubbed a few of you the wrong way, well sorry. But I have done enough time here to justify a little bitterness now and then. DEAL WITH IT!

Default excuses

I remember an old saying: "If 5 people say your drunk----its time to lay down" Duck boy-guess what...lay down, you were wrong this time.
    I would think "DEAL WITH IT" should be written on a mirror someplace The excuse of "remember what it was like when most of you lived some place else" dosent work either since 90% of individuals locations are given.

bad taste and bad attitude---------I think that's a Metallitica song to

just let it die

Default Good call

Good call XMO

If you're a waterfowl hunter there is not easy hunt and I'm sure there are no lazy people here. Hunting has been hard this year, right along with the fishing. Everyone is just seeking info trying to figure out what's going on. I've consulted some renowned hunters this year and things just seem to be off a little. So, if people are looking to find a confidence in other hunters let them. Keep your opinions to yourself. Especially if it is not doing any Justice for All. I believe that's a Metallica tune as well.

Later

Quote Originally Posted by xmohuntr View Post
    I remember an old saying: "If 5 people say your drunk----its time to lay down" Duck boy-guess what...lay down, you were wrong this time.
    I would think "DEAL WITH IT" should be written on a mirror someplace The excuse of "remember what it was like when most of you lived some place else" dosent work either since 90% of individuals locations are given.

bad taste and bad attitude---------I think that's a Metallitica song to

just let it die
    Well Just saw saw your bio. 4 YEARS. Come on man your still wet behind the ears don't even try to understand me. If you saw how things were in to 70s you would get P Oed from time to time too. I'll go out on a limb and guess your some where between 25 and 28,still young. And calling me duck boy LOL. I was more man when I was 12 then you will be,the day you die. I know you were picked on in school. But come on "duck boy" sure you could do better than that. Sounds like you took My comment about being lazy kinda personal too. did I hit a funny bone.
    I was ready to let this whole thing die. Then you had to make it some kind of a personal vendetta.Just remember I was here LONG before you got here and will be here LONG after your gone.So go ahead take take take. ALASKA will recover from you. It has from a lot worse. You sound like your also the kind of lad that needs the last word. So go ahead let's hear it but I'll bet you can't do it WITHOUT calling names. "duckboy" sorry it still makes me laugh. HAVE A NICE DAY xmohuntr.

open water and slow birds
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

A classic hook, line, and sinker on this one, brought to you buy a long-lasting AK resident.

It's the the trapper in me Matt. I see a set trap, And I can't help but put in some bait. MY BAD

Default AKduck man...

Did you go up Rabbit Slough this weekend? By the looks of those sneak boats I'm guessing you pull them into the lake. Nice set ups....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast