Thread: Where would you go for Moose.

Default Where would you go for Moose.

I am hooked now. I have been all over hunting and after killing a small grizz I now want A moose. I am not looking for the biggest but a place where my odds are great I do know that nothing is a sure thing but I want an outfitter that will work hard to kill one and not become a camp queen. I am looking for a good area and an outfitter with his own planes and no excuses. My buddy just hunted with R&R AND KILLED A MONSTER 70'' AND A BUDDY KILLED A 60'' THE YEAR BEFORE BUT EVEN they run dry spells.

Default Moose hunting

I hunt in my back yard. Noatak National Park and Preserve has not let me down yet!

Walt
    Northwest Alaska Back Country Rentals
    Your best bet in Rafts, Canoes and Camp rentals
    www.northwestalaska.com
    Kotzebue, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by ATCJETS View Post
    I am hooked now. I have been all over hunting and after killing a small grizz I now want A moose. I am not looking for the biggest but a place where my odds are great I do know that nothing is a sure thing but I want an outfitter that will work hard to kill one and not become a camp queen. I am looking for a good area and an outfitter with his own planes and no excuses. My buddy just hunted with R&R AND KILLED A MONSTER 70'' AND A BUDDY KILLED A 60'' THE YEAR BEFORE BUT EVEN they run dry spells.

Canada maybe BC...

Default Noatak...

I lived in Kotzebue for 6 months in 2004 and spent 2006 in Nome. I floated the Kelly and Kugururok in the Noatak Preserve fly fishing for dollies. Followed some moose trails in the willows along side the rivers and saw moose tracks bigger than I have ever seen before. If I were going moose hunting, it would be in the Noatak Preserve. Walt can give you tons of info as that is his home. He helped me out with my trip on the Kug. Great guy, great service.

Only problem with suggesting kotz/unit 23 to a non res is he has to apply for and win a draw permit.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default Drawing Permit

That is why the moose are there!
    Pick A Spot