Thread: Delta moose hunters Seen any Buffalo

Default Delta moose hunters Seen any Buffalo

Anybody that has been hunting for moose in Delta have you seen any buffalo while out hunting ? I'm headed up there Saturday and was wondering what the herd is doing and what area they might be hanging out in.

Thanks
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Thumbs up Buffalo

Roger,

I had a colleague that flew over the area last Friday w/Jim Cummins (Golden Eagle) and the bulk of the herd was spotted over on Blacks-i.e. the end of Cummings Road & apparently 300 head. That's half the herd and this fellow had the the next in line arrangemnt with the Blacks to dedicated access. The way they work is $900 for the first hunter-till he gets his Buff, and $300 for the next in line folks. Kinda screwy, but if they're there, it's **** good (private) hunting.

Other than that, there were no Bison in the Panoramsa/Gerstles that I heard of. You should look up Parcel M (I believe) which is the big spread North of the the AK Hgwy/Gerstle Fields, bordered on the East by Gerstle River; when we hunted it 3 years ago it was not actively managed and we saw Bison consistently thru Thanksgiving. It's probably the best of the lots for WFO hunting. Good Luck and put a bullet in one for me-cause we never did succeed and I'm still trying to not to commit Hari Kari!

If you're willing to pay the $$$ Jim Black's place is a great spot to hunt. I killed my bison there in 2003 and was the third hunter on the property that season. I saw animals everyday and it is a very short trip for the bison to move from Shultz's U (or maybe N) field across the Gerstle to Black's. From Black's you can also access the Tanana and an island that the bison will cruise out onto.

Default Seen any Bison

Hi Roger,
    I have seen more than two or three on more than one occasion.
    I have even seen a few dead ones. I know you are getting the itch to get up here and hunt the mighty ground thunder. Patience little one, patience - LOL
    Diana S

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by grndthunder View Post
    Hi Roger,
    I have seen more than two or three on more than one occasion.
    I have even seen a few dead ones. I know you are getting the itch to get up here and hunt the mighty ground thunder. Patience little one, patience - LOL
    Diana S

Rub it in ....Rub it in !!!!!!!
    I think the mighty buffalo gods are trying to stop me from going. First I ordered apart for my 338 from Chimos' got here and was milled wrong they ordered another never got here and I'm leaving Sunday ..Well then I called my friend to see if he would lone me his 375 ,Well went to get that and when I got there the screw that holds the trigger guard was missing ,Guess what Nobody has one!!!!! so we have to go get a screw from another friends gun
    got that problem fixed ..BUT!!!! I had a auto shop go over my truck to make sure everything was running ok ,They said looks good ,WELL.... On the way home going about 65 on the parks hwy My hood on my truck decided to part ways with me, Over the cab it went..My wife was behind me she about had a heart attack.

But Bungees and duct tape and I'm ready to go !!!...
    God willing I be there to see one also....Hopefully in the back of my truck ...
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default Delta Junction Bison Humor

Diana, you have me cracking up. Seeing how your username is "grndthunder" and you're telling Roger he's "getting the itch to get up here and hunt the mighty ground thunder"....... well anyhow, nice to see the help and humor. Congrats to both of you on drawing permits! I too, will ... erhhhh.... HOPE to do so some day. Just glad to know my permit fee goes for a good cause! Safe and productive hunting all!

Bwake and Chisana you have private messages..................

Thanks