Thread: Kodiak deer Hunting

Default Kodiak deer Hunting

Son and I just booked our annual deer hunt around Thanksgiving. Was wondering if anyone here had been to Kodiak recently and could report back on the deer.
    Thanks
    Tennessee

Lots of deer on the south end, was there 2 weeks ago. Saw some dandy bucks way up high. These two bucks were skylining at the top of a mountain, and they were dandies!

Sweet pic!
    You know you aren't really having fun until you ask yourself -how much is this going to cost me?

We hunt in Uyak bay. This year we are looking for the big boys and going for 9 days and staying in the Arctic Oven. I been told that when there is a high winter kill off the big ones usually survive so it looks like we will be climbing a lot!
    Tennessee

Randy the deer didn't take much of a hit on the south end, though they did on the north end. I am sure that by the end of Nov a lot of those bucks will be much lower in elevation. Heres a buck I shot, no monster but tasty none the less.

And some lonely ladies that walked to within 15 feet of me

And hope like Hell you dont run into too many of these guys!

We made about 10 trips and I have only seen maybe 3 big bucks within 100 yards of the beach. This includes years we went where the snow was heavy. Did manage to shoot one that scored 110 down low once but seems the higher we climb the bigger the bucks get.
    Tennessee

larry at fish and game figures bout a 20 percent die off, mostly the north end of the island, the farther south you go, the less deer died off, once the deer start moving it shouldn't be all that bad of a fall, unless your driving up and down the road system...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212