Thread: Accessories for Honda Rancher

Default Accessories for Honda Rancher

I just bought a 05 Rancher 350 ES. It's stock. I need a winch, good mud tires, and a snow plow.

What would you guys recommend?

I was thinking 25" or 26" ITP mudlites, warn 2,500 winch, and I guess a snowplow and mounting kit from the Honda dealer. Is Ebay the best deal for the winch? What about the mudlites? I live in Fairbanks. Thanks for any advice on what to get and where to buy it.

Thumbs up

Give Hondapartsworld.com a shot... They're pretty good...

Best bet is to call around to all the local dealers and see who has the best deal. Several years ago I found the best plow price at Northern Power Sports but last fall I found The Outpost had the best plow price. Same goes on the tires and winch.

On a 350 Rancher I would not go over 25" rubber. You will find yourself a little low on power if you get in a bog with 26" or larger.

for tires try the maxis bighorn radials

For 26" big horns motosport.com is a great place to order from, free shipping!

Quote Originally Posted by Crumm View Post
    Best bet is to call around to all the local dealers and see who has the best deal. Several years ago I found the best plow price at Northern Power Sports but last fall I found The Outpost had the best plow price. Same goes on the tires and winch.

On a 350 Rancher I would not go over 25" rubber. You will find yourself a little low on power if you get in a bog with 26" or larger.
    Absolutely agree 100%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by akflyfisher View Post
    For 26" big horns motosport.com is a great place to order from, free shipping!
    Probably to the lower 48 though.

Default Warn

I bought the 2,500 Warn winch with mine. Never had a problem and I cut firewood and such. You won't pull 2,500 pounds with it though. The front tires will compress downward and the rear pops up even with my weight on it. But the extra power is nice.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default snow plow

It sounds like you pretty much have the tires and winch narrowed down, where to get the tires from is a good question. I think you could get the complete winch kit for that machine from e-bay for a decent price, but only if the shipping was cheap. As far as a snow plow is concerned, it will depend on a few things. What type of area are you pushing? I have a small driveway so I like a manual 4 ft. cycle country plow. If I had a long driveway, I might want a winch operated plow but not for short runs with lots of turning around. I am in between machines right now, so the plow is going on the wifes '05 Rancher 400 for the winter. Good luck with your decisions, let us know what you decide.