Thread: Reloading for dumbies????

Default Reloading for dumbies????

I would like to start reloading and have bought about 90% of what I need to do so. I purchased the latest Hornady reloading manaul and about have it memorized. Is there a book that goes a little more into detail about HOW to relaod? The Hornady manual just kinda briefly tells you WHAT to do. Is there a reloading 101 out there?

Thanks, Jake

Default Reloading book

Lee puts out a pretty comprehensive book called the ABCs of Reloading.

Default Speer

Haven't read the Hornady Manual, so got no opinion. The Speer Manual (13 is what I have, 14 is supposed to be out) was a wealth of info for me. If you know someone that reloads, ask them, but don't take what they say for gospel truth.

I was going to tell you about a video tape that David Tubbs made on reloading, but a check where I bought two copies to give as gifts, they were not there. But a link to a good book is.

You might want to look at their other products. Might as well get started right.

http://www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/...845&type=store

I hope this helps.

The ABC's of reloading is one of the best. There are sites to go to, also, such as RCBS, and most powder manufacturers websites, will have great info.
    Your BEST bet is to get with someone that is already proficient in reloading, and takes it seriously. It is NOT something to do over a beer or two or for socalizing. Take it seriously and pay attention, because even small mistakes can be disasterous. It is fun if you pay attention.....
    Now just why in the hell do I have to press "1" for English???

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

CZ_IN_AK:
    I bleevs the LYMAN Manual is the Best'est.

It's very detailed

For some reason, most of the manuals skip the part about cleaning primer pockets. I think the should be cleaned, at the least, but I Uniform them and then use the Uniforming tool to clean them thereafter.

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

Default Thank you

Thanks for all the good info. I'll try and get my nose in some of these books.

Jake

I was pretty much the same way. I didn't know anything about reloading. I got online and started doing some research and bought everything I needed. This site http://www.rcbs.com/default.aspx was pretty handy for me. I don't think there is really that much difference between brands of equipment. Some works better than others. I bought mostly RCBS equipment. Just read, read, read and if you get any hairs on the back of your neck standing up while you're reloading, STOP and read some more.

Hope it helps.

Wade