Thread: Homer bear hunt

Default Homer bear hunt

I am thinking about doing a black bear hunt out of Homer this weekend. I was wondering if anyone has done this hunt? If so what water taxi service they would recomend, and what trail is most likley to have some bear near it?

We have bear hunted in the homer area in the past but we have our own boat. As far as i know most of the water taxi's in the area do not have their transporter lic. I know for a fact that Bay Excurcions, Red Mountain, and Triton don't have theirs. You might check with Mako's water taxi he is one of the biggest ones and may have his. Good Luck

If you plan to hunt in a boat around K-bay , it is tough because there is a lot of private property, cabins, boat traffic, ect, Planning on hunting a remote trail is a better approach as you are planning.

Thumbs up Is transporter license required for a watertaxi?

I guess I never thought of it. They transport hunters quite often. For a bear I would recommend Grace Ridge and probably do it from the back part of Tutka not by the rock pit. Hope this helps.

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

yeah been to grace ridge, got my bear there 3 weeks ago. but i heard a few people have been there also and its strting to thin out a little.

Originally Anchor Point, AK but in Kodiak now!

there is also alot of snow at the base of the treeline already.