Thread: Any somewhat easy trails?

Default Any somewhat easy trails?

Im looking for a trail thats easy and not to short. Just want to have a relaxed day of rideing. I had some fun hard ridding during moose season. any help and locations would me great. Im me if you would like to keep it more down low.
    Thanks again
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default hummmm.....

Check the Outdoors Directory Wiki site. http://wiki.outdoorsdirectory.com/wiki/ATV_/_ORV_trails or simply seach the postings here on King River, Puritan trail, Sutton, Jonesville, Jim Creek, Knik, Bird Creek, many of them.

Dave
    Live life now, or forever wish you did!

Take a ride around Eklutna Lake and follow it back to the very end of the trail. It's pretty spectacular scenery once you get back there a ways, and if you're a bowhunter you can chase small game, black bears, or even moose if the registration season is still open. Very mellow ride.

Default + 1 for Eklutna Lake

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Take a ride around Eklutna Lake and follow it back to the very end of the trail. It's pretty spectacular scenery once you get back there a ways, and if you're a bowhunter you can chase small game, black bears, or even moose if the registration season is still open. Very mellow ride.
    + 1 for Eklutna Lake. We took our wheeler out the first time to Eklutna. It was a really nice ride. Bundle up if you're going all the way back though. We went all the way to the end in May and the farther back we got the chillier it got. Didn't have the handguards on it at that time and my fingers got really cold so we stopped every now and then to take some pics and enjoy the scenery. We stopped on the way back and had lunch at a picnic table.

Default cool thanks for the reply!

Do i need the winter atv tag on my atv to go to eklutna??
    Again thanks fot the help guys.

Quote Originally Posted by motorboatn View Post
    Do i need the winter atv tag on my atv to go to eklutna??
    Again thanks fot the help guys.
    Since Eklutna currently isn't a state-maintained snowmachine trail--you won't need the tag. Once it does become a snowmachine trail, then it comes down to interpretation. I feel that for $10 a season, having the tag is cheap insurance when it comes down to riding in the winter--I'd easily spend that on gas driving to and from Eklutna.

Default sounds good.

Do I need the winter atv sticker to ride that trail this time of year??
    I know i treid this last winter and I couldn't go due to not haveing the sticker.

Thanks
    Bill

Default opps

sorry didn't see that my last post had made it. Thanks for the info. 10$ is worth it. I just didn't have it.