Thread: how to inboard jet help

Default how to inboard jet help

i'm using a buddies inboard jet boat but i have to do some work to it first. i have an outboard jet and run it with a garden hose, can you just spray water into the grate to run the engine or do you have to put it into the water? thanks

Default injet

In the water !!!! Hose into jet is not near enough!!! The water for heat exchanger comes from the pump, Plus the pump bearing themselfs, There is a way if could y the hose one to engine and one down though the access cover of the jet, And get enough water in there, I would go to the water myself then there are no ??? about that, don,t have to take off the trailer just get everything under the water, like the back half of the boat..should do. Just my thoughts, good luck with it! What are we working on??? J.

The engine should have a fitting to attach a garden hose to for cooling. My manual for the berkley jet unit says that you can run with the impeller dry but not above idle.

If you do it with a hamilton you'll cook it.....

Same with a Kodiak! By buddy found out the hard way by cranking it over a few times. He never even started it. It was out of the water and that "rope type" seal went T/Up...

its a hewscraft with a hamilton jet. i just unbolted the 4 bolts that bolt the jet to the engine, and hooked a hose up to the engine and ran it. no jet turning and engine got cooled, worked great. the guy i got it from got a little water in the boat and some got into the engine. i took the starter out and cleaned it up, and i want to give it a couple oil changes to make sure all the water is out, and it's a major pain in the ***** to change the oil then take it to the water and run it and then do it again. much better in the yard. thanks everyone for the reply's