Thread: Willow Creek Trout

Default Willow Creek Trout

Anyone been to any part of the willow creek and caught any trout very recently. Im wanting to head down today since its nice out. So any heads up would be nice.

Default report

did you make it out? i am planning on willow this sat or sun and would like to hear your report. the last time i made it up there the water was very high and fast. i went solo and felt very uncomfortable on a few of the crossings. there were fish though, hope there are still a few hungry ones in there this weekend.

take care

yes i did go. The water was very low and i fished from the campground all the way to the big sui. I didnt catch or even spot a minnow. sorry for the bad report. There was a older guy there that was about to start fly fishing. I gave him my report and he chuckled and said they are in there you just gotta know the spots.

try zonkers
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

i was able to get a few hours on willow today. the fishing wasn't hot, but i still managed to land 2 rainbows and a greyling. i stopped by 3 rivers on the way and was told to go to the mouth and swing sculpins, but be prepared to walk because there would be lots of people. i'm glad that i decided to hike up above the log jam. i didn't see a single person . i was surprised by the number of silvers that i saw. i only saw 3 two weeks ago, but today @100. no wonder beads are still working.

take care