Thread: PWS Deer Transporters

Default PWS Deer Transporters

Anyone have any good recommendations for boat transporters for a late fall deer hunt somewhere in PWS... either out of Whittier or Seward?

any transporters to stay away from please PM me. thanks folks :-)

Greg

Default Lazy Otter Charters

Try this guy. He knows the sound very well. Very profesional.

http://www.lazyotter.com/lazyotterIE.html

We've used Ron for three bear hunts and a deer hunt. He goes out of Whittier so check him out.
    http://www.alaskawebs.com/captainron.htm

I did a 7 day hunt with Capt Ron's out of Whittier and had a blast. He'll take you to a new area everyday for hunting and to top it off you'll bring back as much lingcod / halibut / salmon as you can legally catch. If you don't get a blackie with Ron, you'd better hang up your rifle and quit hunting.

Adam

Sound eco adventures http://www.soundecoadventure.com/ Great captain and with a landing craft type boat he'll drop you right on on the shore vs being ferried on a zodiak or skiff.

Default PWS

If your gonna spend that much on a PWS deer hunt. Why not spend a few hundred for a plane ticket and go to kodiak and have a much better experience.

I second the gentlemen that mentioned Sound Eco Adventures. The landing craft is awesome and I can't remember the captain/owners name but he was a great guy too. Need a partner? One other great thing is you can shoot 2 more deer in PWS than in Kodiak.

Default good info

thatnks ya'll for the good info.... Moosehead, yea actually I am looking for a second person.... I want to fill the freezer with a meat hunt now that it's any deer..... PM if your interested in talking more....

Greg

Are their ant water taxis in PWS I dont need/can't afford the boat for a whole hunt. Just a way to get to the deer.

I agree go to pws,not kodiak,I heard the deer got hurt there last winter no need to KICK them when there down.I ride the ferry to cordova and fly out with cordova air service.Not too much money and good hunting.4 guys got20 bucks last year.

Soundeco is a transporter, not a guide.

I haven't priced out transporting this year, but say you want to run to Montague from Whittier, expect to pay over $2k for the drop off and the pickup.