Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Delta this week?

Default Delta this week?

Is anyone else heading to Delta for the cow moose hunt this week? Today was opening day, so I'm sure there are already some forum members in the field, but I thought it would be fun to meet up for coffee or dinner if anyone will be in the area at the same time. Hunting is the priority, but if success comes early, I'd like to meet some of you.

I'm heading up to Paxson on Wednesday night, planning on hunting Thursday and Friday - possibly into the weekend if the moose are harder to find than I am anticipating. Anyone else?

Hey Brian I might be around out there,because I dont work Friday,so we'll see.I just need a little push out the door to go Moose hunting.But hey If your around North Pole or need some help just holler at me.If ya want I'll PM ya my phone number.Daniel

Thumbs up Delta moose

Being that Monday is a holiday we are heading towards Delta on Wed night. I am sure that we will not make it pass Sourdough, but that will be just fine. We will be away from work and the ever ringing of phones. We are expecting the temps to be a little on the cool side but that will be just fine. Also I heard a rumor that bird hunting might be a good second choice.
    Good luck everyone.

Default I'll be up there

I'll be up there next sunday through wednesday???

Anyone else gonna be up that way then??

What ever you guys do ,If you are headed to Delta make sure you tie me a Bison up if you see one because I'm headed up that way next week ...
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Default pass this weekend

Brian,

Send me a pm if you end up past this weekend. I am going to by pass this weekend for cows and give it a shot with the kids on the following weekend and then every weekend thereafter until tags are filled. I will hopefully be helping fill 5 tags and mine, so will be busy. Would be great to meet you.

Mike

Default Delta Cows

we went down Monday morning, over and done with shortly after first light. We had the 797 area along the Rich, went in at 12 mile crossing. Lots of shots being heard, im glad we went down opening day. Make sure you call the number and check the closed areas, there were plenty of them.

Default delta moose

I was down there yesterday morning at first light as well. Pulled in on Donnelly Dome road and glassed the hillside. Came home with meat. There were quite a few more people out than I expected on a Monday (especially since next weekend is a long one for some folks), but all in all it wasn't bad. I did see one situation which I'll post in a new thread so that I don't hijack this one, but other than that it was a good day.

Default Dm798

I got the Delta DM798 permit...heading down this weekend (friday night)with a buddy that drew the same...hoping if done early heading to Delta Clear water and taking the boat for some salmon....

Good luck to everyone :-)

Default good luck

Quote Originally Posted by polaristracker View Post
    I got the Delta DM798 permit...heading down this weekend (friday night)with a buddy that drew the same...hoping if done early heading to Delta Clear water and taking the boat for some salmon....

Good luck to everyone :-)
    I was down there last weekend. The fish are in. It was a little slow, but we were catching enough fish so that we never got bored.

Any of you ever hunted the RM764 or RM768 permit area? What about in December? Is it usually closed by then? What is access like? I normally wouldn't wait until December but that's the first I'll be available. Thanks for the help.

Well it is snowing pretty good right now Tuesday morning. I live in the 798 permit area and am going thurs and fri. Hope no one has any problems gettin throught the mountains. Doesn't look good now, cars coming from Donelly way had 3 inches of snow on them. It should melt though,, hopefully. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by northway View Post
    Brian,

Send me a pm if you end up past this weekend.
    Mike - I very well may be there on a later weekend as well. Between my friend, wife, sister, and mother, we've got 4 tags to fill. I may only be taking my friend this week, as my wife may not be able to take the time off. If that's the case, we'll be hitting it again later in the season. I'll keep you posted.

-Brian

The first day was great weather then it snowed 6 to 10 inches in the area around Donnely last night. Dress warm and make sure you have snow tires.

Does anyone know what the hours of the Delta ADF&G office are? This permit requires a successful hunter to report in person. I'm assuming they're not open on Sunday, but what about Saturday? Also, my brother indicated that they might have a drop box for required specimens. I've never heard of this - any truth to this? Just trying to figure out the logistics of reporting in the event that we're successful.

A friend helped a coworker with his permit. Got up there Tuesday morning, boom, loaded it, and was home by early evening.

There is fresh snow in the Donelly Dome Area of DM797....I traveled Coal Mine Road yesterday and moose were visible on many hillsides....especially toward Jarvis Creek.....

Success in Delta for us. Left Tues, hunted Weds and came home today.
    It has snowed quite a bit but didnt have alot of trouble, roads were mostly wet. As for Delta F&G they have a drop box outside to put your lower jaw in. Good luck to those going! I'll post photos later.

Deb

Moose #1 in the bag, three more to go. We're still in Delta, but I thought I'd post a mini report. We spotted a couple of moose from the road, but since we were obviously going to have company we decided to ride away from the road instead. We went in 2 miles and had our pick of multiple cows. My friend Criss took his first big game animal - actually, his first animal of any kind on his first hunt ever. I'm really excited for him and it was a lot of fun to help out a new hunter. The weather was beautiful, the snow was nice, and the wind was minimal. Life is good!

Default Hey Brian

What permit were you hunting and which ones do you have left to hunt?

Mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast