Thread: Last Minute Q's about the Rainbows in Willow

Default Last Minute Q's about the Rainbows in Willow

me and my buddy are makin a trip up to will tomarrow and figured id ask people where to fish it and what to use.... i figured id just gage the depth and do the same thing as i would on the kenai.... where could i go though... i know i can go somewhere off hatchers but what spot?... is there any other creeks or rivers up there i can try if that fails?

Default Do you have a float tube or raft?

Walking will limit how many areas you can hit in one day. Hit the deep corners and bring beads and flesh fly's. If you are spin fishing try small vibrax. and 00 mepps.

Hit me up via Im if you want more specific areas!

Good Luck
    Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Default i do

i do have a 13 ft cataraft... where would be a good spot to put in at? how long is a normal float?

Shirley towne road (off fishhook) to the mouth can all be good its about a 12 hour float with fishing, be warned portage around the big powerline log jam, it is unrunnable. Use wooly buggers and zonkers unless there are still salmon spawning. Also have a few dries handy for when you see grayling rising.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.