Thread: Kodiak for thanksgiving

Default Kodiak for thanksgiving

Well im excited, Ill be visting my grandparents , and although theyve been to anchorage before ive never gone to their house in kodiak. That being said im going to try to do my first ever hunt while im there.... hopefully my grandpa still has a deer gun. Not if its for sure yet but hopefully ill be able to be driven 5 miles and dropped off with my dad in search of a deer. any thoughts/advice?

The roadsystem closes on October 31st to deer hunting. The rest of the island is open until Dec 31st. Draw a line from Saltery Creek to Elbow Creek. If your grandparents live in one of the villages your good to go though.

fishwhacker just curious...have you completed a hunter safety course? I seem to remember reading youre only 14 or 15.

theres still silvers around then
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Default Is Kodiak on the road system?

Quote Originally Posted by cubpilot View Post
    fishwhacker just curious...have you completed a hunter safety course? I seem to remember reading youre only 14 or 15.
    If I remember correctly, only on the road system is hunter safety class mandatory. Could be wrong, but with kids putting meat on the table (still) in some villages, it is unenforceable.
    Fishwacker, if you go hunting, may the wind be before you, and may God make your aim dead-on. Listen to your grandpa.

yup road system only you need hunter ed (units 7,13,14,15,16,20 did I miss any?)
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.