Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop aways

Default Drop aways

How many of you know use a drop away rest? For the first time I tried one DMI and loved it. Now I have several more on order to put on all my bows.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Better yet maybe

I have the NAP Easy tune. I have seen on the market, two, new rests that are bisket like. Instead of having the bisket all around the shaft, it has a small narrow post on the bottom and two wiskers 33 degrees offset to hold the arrow on the post. So fletching is not a problem, especially with 4-5" fletchings. Initial results look very promising.

Cobra and one other company are marketing them.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I tried the bisket when it first came out.. It ripped my fletching. I gave up on it. Then Carolina came out with one made of foam. They sent me one to test. alittle better. The foam could of been alittle more forgiving.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Default Drop zone

I use the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest. I am very happy with it and recommend to anyone looking for a drop away rest.

Jake

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    I use the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest. I am very happy with it and recommend to anyone looking for a drop away rest.

Jake

Ditto! I really like mine. I also like it that when I get a little tired from shooting alot and I just so happen to drop the bow just a pinch after a shot, it sure let's me know that maybe it's time for me to stop. It also helps me concentrate more on my follow through then in the past before I had one.

I have a Ripcord rest on my bow and it is great.

Default ripcord

I reaaly like the ripcord also. the drop away rests are the way to go in my book!!

Default This one

AKGray: This one from NAP. Could not find it earlier, server at school thinks NAP is a weapons site.

Only a few wiskers, lots of vane clearence, contains the arrow.....

Thoughts?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Fall-away rest

Dropzones are on my bows, for hunting and 3D.
    The darn things really work-

A few of my friends have drop aways (not certain on the make) and they like them. A couple of my other friends have Whisker Biscuits and love them. I think when the Whisker Biscuit first came out, guys were having terrible problems with fletching getting ripped or warped. I believe Carolina now makes a "softer" whisker design to correct some of those problems. However, if you shoot Quick Spins forget about using a whisker biscuit. I went with a Whisker Biscuit last year and have no complaints. The main reason me and my buddies like the Whisker Biscuit is we hunted in the Dakotas where many of our hunts were spot and stalk across wide open, flat terrain. Thus we'd be on our bellies a lot. The Whisker Biscuit held our arrows in place when we needed it most. Now that I'm in Alaska, no more prairie to crawl across. I'll likely keep my current set up and see how well it works on next year's caribou hunt.

There are some pretty good drop aways on the market. The archery shop owner where I use to go even made a holder that would basically hold the arrow in place until the arm of the drop away lifted during the draw. It worked really well. I think it was little more than half a small diameter pipe that the arrow shaft fit nicely inside of.

Trophy Ridge Drop Zone...

Had mine for two years now and love it. No clearance problems. It's silent. Works in the cold.
    "The rich... who are content to buy what they have not the skill to get by their own excellence, these are the real enemies of game".... Theodore Roosevelt's A Principle of the Hunt

Default trophy ridge drop zone

my wife, son and myself all have the drop zones. Jerry at fletchers talked us into them a couple years ago. My son and I have hand tremors and these things really helped iron some things out. We were using the tm hunter 2 pronged type rest and if our hands started shaking a while that arrow was sliding down those we would get some bad shots. Now once it's off nothing touches it. The tremors aren't real bad but got frustrating every once in a while. Now that doesn't even seem to come in to play. Since my wife doesn't have them that is why she can put the hurt on us. At least that is what my son and I are sticking to.

Quote Originally Posted by EDF View Post
    I have a Ripcord rest on my bow and it is great.
    3 for the ripcord!

Default Good to hear...

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post

Jake
    I'm switching to one of these. I have a Hoyt one on now and no matter what I do I can't get my fletching to clear the launcher or even the prongs depending on how the arrow is knocked. Very frustrating....

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    AKGray: This one from NAP. Could not find it earlier, server at school thinks NAP is a weapons site.

Only a few wiskers, lots of vane clearence, contains the arrow.....

Thoughts?
    I've been using this rest for 3 months or so and have been pleased with the results. Have had an issue with the brushes wearing on one side probably due to my torqueing the bow upon release. Currently waiting for a new set of brushes for it.

Nice rest and it keeps the arrow in place and eliminated my fletching issue I had with the wisker biscuit.

Default Ripcord

Ripcord is what I use. I like it so well I am putting another one on my back up bow. I did the big no no just before moose season, I had to change rests ( my old one wouldn't dial in my broadheads. after a little tuning I am able to put both field tips and broadheads in the same spot (within the size of a quarter) out to 50 yards. There customer service is great too. They sent me extra parts (for my archery repair kit I carry out moose hunting on the river)when I called them.

Alaskan100

Trophy Rdge- drop zone, been using it for over two years, Fletchers had it on on all his Mathews bows, when I got my '05 switchback, I just told him to leave it on and paid the difference. Now I just upgraded to the Guide series with the harmonic dampeners...paper tuning was very minimal...NICE!...CK

Default Drop Zone

I use a Drop Zone and love it!

Default How about Limbdrivers?

I'm shopping for a rest too and am undecided between the drop zone and a vapor trail limb driver. I'd probably be happy with either one, but thought I'd ask your opinion.

Default Another ripcord vote

Upgraded from WB. More forgiving and like the containment feature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast