Thread: Anyone use Papabear air out of bethel for caribou or bear???

Default Anyone use Papabear air out of bethel for caribou or bear???

I am planning a drop unguided caribou / bear hunt in 2008 and would like anyone who has used this fellow to give me a headsup on your experience, either as a group or singulairly,,, thanks James in co

I've heard absolutely excellent thing about them from my guiding friends who fish guide out of bethel.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Thanks for the reply powder mky! The phone talks ive had with them sure echo that, thanks again,,James in Co

Default Great Service

Ijust came back from a caribou drop-off with them less than a week ago. I have absolutely no complaints and found them to be professional, safe, and accomodating. They went above and beyond from pick-up at the airport to helping us drop off meat at the air cargo. I plan to go with them in the future - perhaps next year for moose.

Dave

DH,

Can you tell us more about your hunt with them ie. Quality of bulls, numbers, were you rifle or bowhunting.

Let us know.

Thanks,

kerry

Went with them last year on a caribou/bear hunt. They are FIRST CLASS all the way. They definately go above and beyond. My buddy killed a big bou and we did see a lot of bears, but they always seemed to zig when we thought they were going to zag. All in all it was a great trip and am planning on going with them again.

Default Good

Went with them for caribou in 2003. They were pretty good. 3 of us hunting with 4 tags - filled all 4 - all nice bulls. Wanted to go for moose but they bumped up the prices, and now it's charged per hunter - It used to be per trip. $3000 per person for a drop off is too much for me but I bet it's almost garunteed success.

Default PapaBear

On both trips that I went with PapaBear they did everything they said they would and more. Steve and Karl Powers are both pilots, live in Bethel, and love to hunt. They want you to be successful and thats why they limit the number of caribou hunters they take, since the number of caribou is way down from just a few years ago.

Anyone have a link to their web site? or do they even have a web site?

With rave reviews you all have given them I would like to look into them for a future hunt

Thanks

Default thanks for replys!

Thanks for all the info guys!!! talked to steve last night will be going 2008!!