Thread: Eklutna Tailrace update anyone?

Default Eklutna Tailrace update anyone?

Looking at hitting the Tailrace later this evening, possibly most of the night. Anyone out there fishing it and having any luck?

Default Silvers & Kings

I havenít been to the tailrace in awhile, mainly because the crowds are more than I would like to deal with, especially with the new parking lot. A couple miles away I can fish by myself and have much more luck, kings are out of the question in my spots though. Years ago I could fish the tailrace by myself all day without a soul in sight.

According to the AOJ the Kings have been lame this year but there have been reports of silvers this early. To me this is odd, since, on the knik river, reds always show up first with a trickle of dogs then the silvers come in. I am disbelieving. The earliest I have ever caught a silver on the knik/matanuska drainage is late late July, but the holes were overcome by dogs.

Late July the runs will actually arrive and the fishing will be much better. This late in the year king fishing is out of the question.

I pulled two kings out last week. was there on friday saw tons of kings rolling. One king,red and one silver were all that i saw caught. All three on vibrax's

Default Ek Tails

from what i hear the tailsrace is still doing "fair" for kings, besides its the only place you can fish for kings right now. also with the kings being late id say there are plenty more in there to be taken.
    Last edited by preed; 07-11-2006 at 15:55.