Thread: Titaium Goat Vertex Tents

Default Titaium Goat Vertex Tents

Has anyone used the Titanium Goat Vertex tents with the Ti stoves. These look a little price but awful light to include a small stove. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Drew

Talk to Marc Taylor of Wiggy's Alaska!, he owns one and used it last year on a sheep hunt.

Default i have one and love it

i have the bigger vertex in silnylon, with the stove. i used it in the tundra ar caribou camp for weeks at a time when i was guiding. withstood everything the weather threw at me, howling wind, rain, snow... and i could get it to 50*
    in 15 minutes with the stove, even in the morning when it was 20* ouside. the tent wont hold heat very long, but it is easy to feed the stove a little at a time while you are hanging out in the evening. a great tent for one guy to live in , and just fine for two on a hunting trip. 3 would be cramped.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I think we have the same Vertex as homerdave, have used it for spring (and winter) camping, and really like that it is light and small package for carrying in the dogsled. I carry it and the small titanium stove all the time now when out mushing, has proven handy for a quick setup and ability to really warm up in the cold. No floor, which is problematic for some...we just cut spruce bows or use hides atop the snow. Have used it moose hunting too in late fall, again just real nice to be able to go inside and really crank out the heat. It will get to near sauna temp in there with the little stove blazing, boils water fast too.

Thanks gents. I will be headed over to talk to Mark today.

Drew

Default theres a vortex..

on the swap and sell forum I think.

Default Great tent for winter-wet-cold and families

In spite of a few quirks, this tent performed very well, is light, sheds wind well -- very good performance to weight ratio. Well suited to family float trips or similar where the happiness (and continued participation) of spouses, kids might depend some on not being too uncomfortable due to cold/wet conditions -- and some relief from bugs while eating, etc.

More:
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=61275
    http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=60519