Thread: My day with C & S Charters

Default My day with C & S Charters

Well the wife and I headed out yesterday morning from North Pole at 4:30 am and arrived there at 6:30am and pretty much was carted off lickity split to blind #2.
    As we are getting instructions some Geese coming flying in low and fast and dang near landed on our spread,but flew off at the last second,so now my hopes where high.
    Anyhow all in all we saw 8 moose in 2 hours and a If Tundra Swan was open we'd have limiyed out in the 1st 2 hours out there.Watching them fly that low over us (tree top high) right over the blind was awesome,wife got some video,and my poor dog was whinning so bad,the poor girl.
    Wind was blowing hard all freaking day on us,but it was nice to be out there and I did manage to squeeze the trigger on some Geese with no luck.Altho we scored a goose egg on the hunt it was great to be out there with the wife enjoying nature,not to mention when three Mosse walked by at about 50 yards from us and as we where napping my phone gose off and the ring tone is Geese,right off the bat the screams do you hear them and Im grabing shotgun in hand and looking around frantically asking do ya see em? thinking they where landing on us hahahahahaha! man that was a riot.
    Honestly tho folks,the wife is making plans for next year and this time shewants to take the camper for the weekend.Daniel

Default funny

napping and the phone goes off to the music of Geese! I could not have planned it better. Oh that would have been a riot.
    The swans coming in like that are beyond description. One year we went into the lake late. We broke ice most of the way across (poor muskrat caught on top was scared to death as we came crunching by). The swans were in the lake by the hundreds and the noise was incredible. All night we slept with the cabin windows open just to listen to their symphony.
    All that weekend we had swans flying right by our blinds. Very special indeed.

yeah that dang phone ring tone will not be on that while hunting birds again
    Your so right them Swans up that close where so loud,but such a beautiful sight to behold....especially sharing that with the wife.Daniel

I highly recommend doing the camper thing for the weekend. We did that for the opener and had a great time. We've gone camping/hunting there for 3 years now. Hunting with C&S is a good time for sure. Did you see the bison???

No we did not see any Buffalo there.But we did see the fenced ones on that Farm with the highfence.Man there was a chit ton of them.My wife deffiently wants to do the Camper thing now,and Im already looking forward to next year.Daniel

Default Take Buckshot

I was on a hunt there with C&S 10+ years ago, my partner and I were adding some finishing touches to the spread, and something cool happened. I left my shotgun in the blind, my partner had his. The first hint of light was on the horizon. A wolf made a run for the decoys!!! He came right in and realized his mistake a little too late. Buckshot made the kill and helped the geese a little. Did you see any wild Pigs on your trip? Those buggers tore my camp apart while we were hunting, ate everything!!! C$S said to shoot all of them if we had the oppertunity.
    Pick A Spot

Never did see any pigs,but Id have been more than happy to deplete the pig population.Best pig I ever had was a feral hog I shot in Texas.Daniel