Thread: Backup gun holster while hunting??????

Default Backup gun holster while hunting??????

I'm going to cross-post this in handguns because I'm not sure where it will get the most hits. Mods, if that's a problem delete the one of your choosing.
    I'm looking for a new holster to carry the EAA Witness 10mm I just picked up for my backup gun while hunting (the front site has no sharp edges).
    I'm usuall wearing a backpack of some type, & binos on crooked river straps so I'vs got several straps running accross the chest & a hip belt for the pack.
    I'm considering the "Tactical" style holster that rides down on the thigh with the idea that it gets the gun away from everything else.
    Anyone using one while hunting???
    Pros?
    Cons?
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Vance, my wife uses that style for her sig 229. No real issues with it.

I own several of these holsters for several handguns including a Colt 45 and my S&W 329. It is most comfortable at 5 oclock but rides OK at 2 oclock. By being under the belt I can put a shirt, vest or jacket over it. This keeps it concealed as well as out of the way of my bow, rifle and packstraps.
    http://www.blade-tech.com/product.ph...cat=260&page=1

I use a Blackhawk tactical holster for my Glock 20 while out backpacking/hunting. Works great, keeps it out of the way yet easily accessible.

I didn't like having too many straps around my chest so I went with the tactical holster, and I've always like it.

Jon