Thread: first timers grouse

Thumbs up first timers grouse

I had the privilege of accompanying my cousin and his fiance (getting married tomorrow) on her first grouse hunt. We found a grouse within 50 yards of our parking spot. I wasn't even sighted in at this point so though she pushed me to make the first shot it was easy to convince her that this one had her name on it. She took a kneeling shot at 30 yards and proved all her nervousness was ill founded. A beautiful neck shot and the bird just fell over with little more than a slight flutter. You can say I was impressed with the shot. We didn't see anything else the rest of the day but we all had fun and she took the good natured ribbing very well. She even fell off a log into big muskeg swamp flat on her back to make us feel better for being skunked. I will say my cousin found himself a keeper, she walked the mile and a half back to the truck soaking wet and still a huge smile on her face!

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet! pic's man where's the pics? Are you back from Iraq now or what? Daniel

yeah I'm back living in the valley, I totaly forgot to change my location, I will get on that ASAP. I actually made it back with enough time to get my harvest ticket for moose but after tramping around the last 2 days of the season couldnt fill it.

Well welcome back to the Valley Too bad on the Moose tho and there's always next year