Thread: Recall on 375 ruger Alaskan stocks

Exclamation Recall on 375 ruger Alaskan stocks

Hogue has produced a letter to dealers informing them that “a small number” of the stocks produced for the 375 Ruger Alaskan model may break at the pistol grip. Hogue is requesting dealers provide names and addresses of buyers so Hogue can mail you a new stock. My dealer (disappointing to me) chose to only post the letter and request I contact Hogue myself. I will give it a shot Monday. Meanwhile the appropriate phone # is 805 239-1440 or office@hogueinc.com I will duplicate post to try to get the word out.

Default wouldn't you know...

I've got one ordered that's supposed to show up this week. Thanks for the tip, I'll check to see if mine is on the replacement list.

Now that would be a handful - firing a followup shot with a 300 gr out of a 375 Ruger with only the pistol grip and the forearm to hold on to!!! Sounds like Hogue is doing the right thing - good on'um.

I hope it gets sorted out soon. As this could be very dangerous.

Let us know how you go, & what is your general opinion on the Alaskan model?

Default Recall notice

I just checked the Ruger and Hogue websites and did not find any recall notices. Is the notice just going out to dealers? Personally, I would like to read it for myself. Where can I find an official on-line posting by Hogue or Ruger? Thanks

I just got off the phone with Megan and Hogue is making it pretty painless. It sounds like the stocks failed abrubtly though so mine is sidelined until I get the new stock. When I find a "roundtoit" I will scan /post the notice.

Default Here is the letter

Best copy I could get.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Dave - question

Dave, once again thanks for staying on top of this...so, are you dealing directly with Hogue for your replacement stock or are you doing it through your dealer?

I just called Hogue up. No issues, just got my address.