Thread: What the story behind...?

Default What the story behind...?

You know I see all these cool signature pic's and was wondering about the story behind some of them.So lets share.
    My idea,Ill go first.Well the one you see on here is of a bull I found up by Franklin Bluff's.Long story short my hunting partner at the time bumped into a co-worker of his up there an hour before,so I suggested we head over there and show him the pic's of this bull so I could help him harvest it.
    So we haull azz over there and find the dude,show him the pics and off we all go.After what seems like hours I finally was able to set him up on the bull and he killed his 1st bull up there in 3 years of hunting up there.And for the next two and half before he left we stayed friends.
    There's more to that hunt but thats for another day some time.This bull grossed 398 and netted 379 SCI.Daniel

Default more pic's of the Bull

another

he almost floated down river...

and the Taxidermist chitty job at a mount.We ahd a problem for weeks trying to get him,but like I said thats another story on the taxi....

Daniel

holy smokes batman what happend to that last pic...sorry fellas.Daniel

Default sorry guys.

I uploaded another pic of him...

Wink i'll play...

so it was a friday afternoon at the house, and i was leaving for moose camp on sunday morning...we had just been given some meat chickens that needed to be slaughtered, and i was boiling water to scald them as they awaited their fate.
    i was inside, and the dogyard erupted in commotion. my boy was on the porch and he yelled "dave, there's two moose!" just as my wife said "that's a forkie!"
    i grabbed the rifle leaned against the door and headed out..jumped on a dogbox and almost got a shot at about 20 yds, but he moved off. i knew where the trail went so i hustled ahead and got a vantage as he and the cow he was with crossed a willow bottom near the edge of our land, he paused just long enough...
    had him cut and wrapped and in the freezer by saturday afternoon, and was off to dillie. the only year i didn't have to hassle with bringing one of my client's moose home with me.
    had to tip my "guide" a package of green hoochies...and we didn't get to the chickens 'til after dark <grin>
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Default Just added mine

I'm new to the forum this year and felt that I had to wait add something worth while. This was my first alaskan hunt and my very first caibou. My wife and I did it by ourselves up on the brooks range in 25a

Default I am in as well...

I don't exactly have a signature picture, but I have considered it.
    My avatar is of my climb on Mt. Democrat in Breckenridge, CO. It was a early season hike and they received more snow than my climbing partner and I anticipated.
    We had to hike 2 miles in, get acclimated, and then hike 3,000ft up in elevation. We made the summit in 6.5 hours and we glissaded down in 1.5 hours.
    I eventually went back to summit 2 more of Mt. Democrat's sister mountains. (Mt. Lincoln and Mt. Cameron) which are all part of the DeCaLiBron 14,000ft mountain series.
    This, by far, has been the most enjoyable experience in climbing that I have had, but I have still yet to experience Alaska and all his climbing splendor.
    My profile picture was taking on a camping trip this summer with my children, my neice, and my son's best friend from Denver at Clear Lake, CO near Mt. Bierstadt (also another 14er that I have summitted).

Here is an snow shelf we experienced on the climb up:

Here is the sun burn that I encountered on the trip as well:
    Lurker.

Talking Wow!

That's one BIG freckle ya got there!

Quote Originally Posted by kingfisherktn View Post
    That's one BIG freckle ya got there!
    What? On my neck?
    You crack me up!
    Isn't that the most discusting picture you have ever seen of me?!?!?!
    Well... it's the burn.
    My Sunday School students thought that I had one of those facial chemical peels.
    My boss thought that I went skiing because it looked like I had goggles around my face.
    You want to talk about pain? My face hurt worse than my legs did coming down that mountain.
    Lurker.

Ever think of zinc oxide? Works great for sunburns from the snow and ice. I am sure you will enjoy the climbing opportunities here in Alaska. There are plenty of them but a lot of them are a bit harder to get to than in the states.

Default Mid-Asian Ibex

Late Oct '06 at 13,000' in the Pamir Mountains of south eastern Kyrgyzstan on the border of Tajikistan and about 5 miles from the western border of China.

I really like Ravens. They're mysterious and intelligent, and I think, regal in their own way.

My avatar was taken in April 06 at the Galbraith gravel pit. That raven had followed me from Pump 3. I had some garbage in the back of my rig and didn't realize it. I had to stop every 2 or 3 miles to check gates and he would show up and land on the tailgate, eventually following me back to Pump 4.

Default my sig. photo

I guess you could say one of my other passions besides grizzly hunting is vintage guitars.Specifically vintage Les Paul Gibsons. Anything 1952 to 1960.
    My photo is of my unbound diagonal pickup screw '52 Goldtop Les Paul.
    It screams and moans when you play "Since I Been Loving You".
    Some call them 401k guitars. Nothing matches their tone.

I managed to stalk close enough to the young Water Buffalo cow to snap the photo that is my avatar, in the Northern Territory, Australia whilst on a hunt there in '06.

I am no photographer, but I thought it was a pretty cool photo.

oz
    il vaut mieux Ítre bon que la chance

While on a fishing trip with my wife to Alaska, I saw this fella fly fishing a small river. It was such an obvious photo I had to take it and it turned out better than expected

Default Mine

I found this pic entitled "Alaskan Street Gang" It represents me and ma boyz lol

Born and Raised on Whitetails!

Question BRF

I sent you a PM last night , did you receive it?

kingfisherktn

Default First Brownie

May 22nd 2006, 7 yards and coming at a swagger in an attempt to run me off his beach. 1 shot with .375 H&H in the center of his melon (notice hole) with a 260gr Accubond. It was an exciting encounter!