Thread: Need help/advice for hunt in Alaska

Default Need help/advice for hunt in Alaska

My 14 years old son and I will love to come to Alaska for a hunt trip - interested in ptarmigan, grouse, ducks, as well as bous/moose.

We cannot afford high fees guides, but will gladly pay for expenses and some for someone who can show us around/partner with us for hunt(s).

Any advice? All help appreciated.

We are from California.

Thanks,

anil
    anil_sahai@yahoo.com

Default Additional information

Quote Originally Posted by anil_sahai View Post
    My 14 years old son and I will love to come to Alaska for a hunt trip - interested in ptarmigan, grouse, ducks, as well as bous/moose.

We cannot afford high fees guides, but will gladly pay for expenses and some for someone who can show us around/partner with us for hunt(s).

Any advice? All help appreciated.

We are from California.

Thanks,

anil
    anil_sahai@yahoo.com
    Anil,

Well, you are in the right place, but your question is really general. Send me a private message and let's refine this a bit. I would be more than happy to assist you over the phone, and it won't cost you anything unless you need my commercial services.

Best regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default basic info

Check out the state F&G website, there are quite a few pages that might be helpful; maps, regs, planning info, etc. You can also contact individual area biologists about logistics and population information once you hone in on an area too.

Good luck

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...TOKEN=98338113
    Hunt with your kids, not for your kids

Thanks for the link.

I will love to partner with some one locally who knows that beautiful land in Alaska. The idea is to teach some good hunting to my son, and enjoy as well. I got some responses from people offering guided hunts for thusands of $$. I will love to partner with someone, and take care of all local expenses (lodging, travel, incidentals, etc.) and then some for helping me
    and my son.

Best regards;

.. anil
    anil_sahai@yahoo.com