Thread: Fly out, drop-off hunts?

Talking Fly out, drop-off hunts?

I just returned to Alaska from the lower 48 after 6 years of college. My wife wouldn't let me hunt this year because I'm not a resident. I want to start planning a great unguided fly out, drop off (float?) hunt for caribou and/or moose next season. I will be going with 1-3 other hunters.

I would very much appreciate ANY recommendations on charter services, and places to go.

Thanks a lot!

Default service

Everyone needs to know where you will be departing from. From the Faribanks area, I just got done using Wright's and they were first rate and have heard nothing but good things from the members. I wish you luck.

Tom

I live in Eagle River, but I could drive to fairbanks, or Delta Jct, or Glenallen, etc.

Thanks.

Talking Service

3 years ago I use 40 mile air out of Tok. Though I've heard some unkind things about them......they delivered for me. Everything they told me was factual. I took my 12 yr old daughter on her first moose hunt and she got a 41 inch bull (any moose area). It was a great hunt and a great time and wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
    Good luck!
    RIDE TALL, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND ALWAYS TELL THE TRUTH

Zeb, if your interested in doing a float hunt, get with Larry B of Pristine Ventures, he has all the gear you will need and knows how to put you on the animals.