Thread: wolf hunt

Question wolf hunt

I have a good friend and his father who would like an opportunity to 4 wheel into a location and try their hand at calling in a wolf. Is any certain location better than another? I am assuming that any of the normal riding areas are a little tough for wolves unless you get way back in there. Any help? Thanks.
    EricL

Eric, have them go in by the alascom towers in unit 13 just east of sheep mtn. Once moose is done not a whole lot of folks go in there. If they are residence, who knows they maybe also able to drop a bear.

I've been in there and called (a rookies rookie) and had answers just nothing showed itself.

The trail goes to the little nelchina so its a decent sized territory, plus there is places to set up a tent or a camper on the alascom road.

Joel

Quote Originally Posted by Blink View Post
    Eric, have them go in by the alascom towers in unit 13 just east of sheep mtn. Once moose is done not a whole lot of folks go in there. If they are residence, who knows they maybe also able to drop a bear.

I've been in there and called (a rookies rookie) and had answers just nothing showed itself.

The trail goes to the little nelchina so its a decent sized territory, plus there is places to set up a tent or a camper on the alascom road.

Joel
    Hey thanks Joel, they are both residents. Will pass along the info. Thanks again.
    EricL