Thread: Aluminum Skid Plates

Default Aluminum Skid Plates

I am looking for a set of metal skid plates and A-arm guards for my 2003 Suzuki Eiger 400. The ATV shops in the area want to charge an arm and a leg for them so I was curious if there are any fabrication shops that can make some. I see on the internet there are a few places in the lower 48 that fabricate their own skid plates but shipping will kill me and therefore I might as well buy from the local ATV shops. The plastic ones I have on my 4-wheeler right now are not holding up the way I would like.

Thanks
    -Tonyjoe-

Thumbs up

Check out the

Ricochet ATV Skid Plates sold by Cabela's. They have a high quality aluminum skid plate package for your machine. Cabela's bases their shipping charges on the dollar amount purchased. This is good for ordering heavy items shipped to Alaska. $375 delivered but is currently on backorder. They ship by UPS ground which takes about a week if in stock.

http://www.cabelas.com/prod-1/0034373521853a.shtml

Default Skid Plates

I picked up a set of API skid plates for MUCH LESS than the atv shops around here wanted for them. Send me a PM and I will give you the vendors web site. I don't want to upset any sponsers.

Check Dennis Kirk online. I bought a heavy aluminum skid plate for my wife's 2001 Wolverine, and paid $70.00 for the kit. Shipping was around $20.00 USPS.

Aluminum-made CV boot protectors are not the best. The best are ones such as Stick-Stoppers and such, which are made of steel.

Default customized skids

"ATV Customs" in the lower 48 will customize a full set of aluminum or steal skids for my Yamaha 660 Griz for $280.00...$37.50 shipping. This includes A-arm/boot guards, front and rear bash plates, and all three skids...he will do it in diamond or smooth aluminum...and will cut in names, symbols etc...if you want...he will use steel for the same price but obviously more for shipping. He also will sell individual pieces...at great prices...says he fabricates pieces for most ATVs. I know one guy who had used him and loved the results. You can see a sample of his work by going to E-Bay and searching "grizzly bash plate" I have never used him personally so I cant vouch for him. If anyone has dealt with him I would appreciate a word. I am continuously searching for alternatives to the outrageous costs of local dealers. His phone # is on E-Bay

Quote Originally Posted by pitstaff View Post
    "ATV Customs" in the lower 48 will customize a full set of aluminum or steal skids for my Yamaha 660 Griz for $280.00...$37.50 shipping. This includes A-arm/boot guards, front and rear bash plates, and all three skids...he will do it in diamond or smooth aluminum...and will cut in names, symbols etc...if you want...he will use steel for the same price but obviously more for shipping. He also will sell individual pieces...at great prices...says he fabricates pieces for most ATVs. I know one guy who had used him and loved the results. You can see a sample of his work by going to E-Bay and searching "grizzly bash plate" I have never used him personally so I cant vouch for him. If anyone has dealt with him I would appreciate a word. I am continuously searching for alternatives to the outrageous costs of local dealers. His phone # is on E-Bay
    I bought mine for my 660 grizz from this guy. He's good and fast, no complaints what so ever. It's been 3 years since I bought them. They make beer cans from alum, I went with diamond plate STEEL for skidplates. alum may be fine for most people but if you have a choice of alum or STEEL for protection from ROCKS, it's a no brainer alum is better than the cheap plastic ALL atvs come with. Skid plates, like aftermarket tires, are a MUST for a new machine, ANY MAKE OR MODEL. Anybody who thinks atvs come from the factory ready for alaska just doesn't KNOW

Do they have a website?

nah no website...but you can see some of his work on EBay and you order by phone...