Thread: Scored a Moose!

Default Scored a Moose!

Well, fatherinlaw drew the Antlerless 14A and came down with a bad cold (76yrs and fishing in the rain ) so he proxied his tag to me. Went out yestarday (monday) and found meat for the freezer, not a wall hanger but it sure will eat good, 3-4 yr old. The new toy hauled the whole thing out no problem, due believe I am liking this 6x6 thing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

How's the meat? Fat? The one cow I seen harvested from this time of year was really fat and good looking meat.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Now thats what I call a load of meat! Glad you were able to help your family out.

Thumbs up Nice rack

The rack on the 6 wheeler looks like it was made for that moose. Good vittles there for sure. Congrats on helping the family out.

Looks like a head shot..No waste there
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

Not to much fat on her, I've seen better but she would of had no problem makeing the winter. The meat look's great! Back strap's on the BBQ this weekend! And yes, head shot, no meat ruined.

Good deal,
    One less moose that is subject to getting run over on the road system. I would personally like to see all moose eradicated from the road system, as it is a bad mix when they get all tangled up with your front bumper or worse yet, in your windshield. Seen too many end up this way and even visted a few friends in the hospital because of them. Yes, it were them, as it were'nt the drivers fault.

A juvenile moose still has about FOUR TIMES more meat than a deer. Can't beat that with a stick, and the vittles will be the finest possible. Congrats on the nice clean harvest of a pile of meat!

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Good deal,
    One less moose that is subject to getting run over on the road system. I would personally like to see all moose eradicated from the road system, as it is a bad mix when they get all tangled up with your front bumper or worse yet, in your windshield. Seen too many end up this way and even visted a few friends in the hospital because of them. Yes, it were them, as it were'nt the drivers fault.
    Some senator from down in the South (of the Lower 48 that is) once proposed the eradication of all deer in the United States and had valid and accurate statistics to back it up. He showed that it would be cheaper, in terms of dollars and lives, to remove all the deer from our country than it would be to remain sentimental and allow them to continue to clog our highways. He lost his argument. But it was interesting that he was able to back up his position with real facts.

Brian