Thread: Ghost rings for a 1895 Guide Gun

Default Ghost rings for a 1895 Guide Gun

Does anyone have any experience with www.skinnersights.com for ghost ring sights?? All feedback is welcome!
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!

Just wanted to give this thread one more run before it's gone.
    Hunt not with a gun big enough for what you are hunting, hunt with a gun big enough for what may be hunting you!

I have ghost ring sights on my 1895, chambered in 450 mag. Dont have any experience with that company but i love the sights if thats any help to you.

Thanks Tex hunter, that does help...as I've never used ghost ring sights, unless you count the ones on uncle sam's M16's.

I have an 1895 with the ghost rings on it. Love it, very quick to point, aim, shoot. Great sights for close quick shots. I have the rings with the guards on them though as its carried in a scabbard most of the time.

I really like the look of those sights, BUT I know with my 1895 45-70 and 405 grain loads I needed to adjust my Williams sight really high. I don't know if the Skinner sight would have enough adjustability in it. Something you may want to ask the outfit. My father went to shooting 300 grain loads and it doesn't have near the drop mine does. Something to think about.

Default skinner sights

You can get dif. front blade heights to take care of that problem.