Thread: Bad news about Helly Hansen Impertech!

Default Bad news about Helly Hansen Impertech!

Well folks, I thought I'd post this in the HH Impertech thread, but this is fairly significant news and I thought it warranted its own thread, just to draw attention to it.

I picked up a HH Impertech parka-length jacket for a client this fall and was told (by the folks at Barney's Sport Chalet) that Helly Hansen is no longer making the parka-length jacket! It seems that Alaska was essentially the only market for this jacket and they weren't selling enough of them, so it was discontinued.

This has been the best jacket to wear with hip boots, because it covers the top of the hippers, eliminating the need for rain pants. They still make the regular jacket and the short wading jacket, but the parka is gone, apparently.

Grab 'em while they're still out there, boys! Mt. View Sports might have one or two left, I don't know about Sportsman's Warehouse.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Bought two spares from Boondocks during their Sportsman show sale last year, figured by the time they wear out I will have been retired long enough that I'd need a larger size ;-).

Glad I got them, if they have some Boondocks had some decent regular prices on them.

I've decided to order impertec pants and jacket. Can anyone tell me if there is anything strange about the way they fit? Thanks.

Be Carefull packing meat out with Impertech on, as the weight will seperate the rubber if it is binding, and you will be wet with no fix.

Default Different experience-

Quote Originally Posted by nooksack View Post
    Be Carefull packing meat out with Impertech on, as the weight will seperate the rubber if it is binding, and you will be wet with no fix.
    Nook,

I have never heard of this happening before, and I know many of us have packed out thousands of pounds of meat with our raingear on. If yours separated, I would return it for a refund or exchange.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default well, thought last year was the last year....

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    Well folks, I thought I'd post this in the HH Impertech thread, but this is fairly significant news and I thought it warranted its own thread, just to draw attention to it.

I picked up a HH Impertech parka-length jacket for a client this fall and was told (by the folks at Barney's Sport Chalet) that Helly Hansen is no longer making the parka-length jacket! It seems that Alaska was essentially the only market for this jacket and they weren't selling enough of them, so it was discontinued.

This has been the best jacket to wear with hip boots, because it covers the top of the hippers, eliminating the need for rain pants. They still make the regular jacket and the short wading jacket, but the parka is gone, apparently.

Grab 'em while they're still out there, boys! Mt. View Sports might have one or two left, I don't know about Sportsman's Warehouse.

-Mike
    I thought they had discontinued last year and their reps told me they would not be manufacturing any more of the guide-length jackets - hmmm, that is the jacket you are referring too? I do recall them telling me that they would do a run the gear in camo...if I could get an order of 500! Sorry, folks...no time for that!

I will have to make a few phone calls and see if I can find a size small in the guide coat.

Thanks for the heads up Mike

Default fit...

Quote Originally Posted by okbowman View Post
    I've decided to order impertec pants and jacket. Can anyone tell me if there is anything strange about the way they fit? Thanks.
    I can tell you that HH suggested that we order our traditional size. I do not know how many, if any, were returned when we did the bulk buy. With that being said, I did return mine for a smaller size. I think it is becoming more and more popular for companies to figure in the "pot-belly" factor and, not fitting that catagory myself, the bibs nearly choked me off at the neck...long story short, I had to get a smaller size.

-Buck

Thanks BucknRut,

Can anyone tell me the best place to order Impertec? None is available here locally. Thanks.

Thanks Mike, I will send the coat in with my second pair of Inter-face HH pants that delaminated in the inner thigh while packing out meat. I was starting to think the stuff was just meant for sitting in the rain =)

Bucknrut, I thought the same thing, and bought several pair last year.

Bought some at Boondocks in Eagle River recently. They seemed to have quite a few pants/bibs/coats left. Decent price.

The pants I got are the right length, but too big in the waist. I wear a 36" waste in jeans, but I was having trouble keeping the large size pants up on a recent goat hunt.

I wear 36-38 jeans & went with the medium pants. They fit over my military surplus wool pants with no problem.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

I wear a 32" waist. Should I go with mediums?

They surely won't be too small in the waist!!!!!
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Thumbs up Three Bears!

Thanks BucknRut,

Can anyone tell me the best place to order Impertec? None is available here locally. Thanks.
    I wear a 32" waist. Should I go with mediums?
    No worries! They don't have the long coat, but they have the deluxe hunting jacket, pants and bibs. Definetly the best price I have seen (and I looked long and hard). Three Bears is located in Kenai. I don't imagine you can get there though. Shoot me a PM. I will be up there soon and I can pick them up for you and send them down.

What are you for length? Med will be plenty big, I will check mine...think I may have small.

They discontinued these over a year ago . I called all over the country looking for them for over a month to fin one in my size. JB commercial had some but they were all smalls , Barneys had mediums and that was all I could find. If I knew were 2 larges were right now I buy em both.

Question what/where is JB commercial?

Quote Originally Posted by wildone View Post
    They discontinued these over a year ago . I called all over the country looking for them for over a month to fin one in my size. JB commercial had some but they were all smalls , Barneys had mediums and that was all I could find. If I knew were 2 larges were right now I buy em both.
    I need size small, never heard of these guys. Do you have a contact for them?
    Thanks!

Perhaps they mean B&J's Alaska Outfitter, worth a stop in when you get to Anchorage.

http://www.bjsalaskaoutfitters.com/main.html

Thanks AKFISHON..... thats them. Had a brain fart there.

Default rain gear

I've never used the Imperitech, but tried Kool Dri from Barneys instead as a recommendation from a fellow sheep hunter. 1/2 the weight of the Imperitech, and doesn't seem to get nearly as clammy according to him. It kept me as dry as could be expected, I didn't get very clammy and it dried faster than my partners pre-cip gear. They make it in both a coat and a parka, which I'm sure would fit over hip boots. Might be worth a check if no more Imperitech is available----or if you just want to try something different.