Thread: 1408 Road

Default 1408 Road

Has anyone hunted up near Delta Junction, in particular the 1408 Road near rhoads creek. I am going up there next week and was wondering if there are any good atv trails and camping places. Thanks

Any where along there, at the end there is an open area about two miles from the main road. Easy pull in, but numerous others will be there for sure. ATV from there to wherever your hunting, but be aware there will be excessive numbers out soon for both Moose and Buffalo, a extremely large number of Moose draws have been recieved this year. Panaramic fields will be on the left side of 1408, there are two or three trails in easy access via ATV, but every time I've been there the noise has scared anything around for miles... We watched both Moose and Bison leave the area big time when an Argo was about a mile away, sound carries there very well...

Too ****ed many trails in there......most folks camp in tehflood control area two miles in.....

Friends tell me that the Bison Range [Youth Hunt Areas] are off limits for the cow hunt.....this isn't mentioned in the application paper but is mentioned om the permit....so they tell me...