Thread: Replica fish mounts

Default Replica fish mounts

Hello everybody,
    Can you guys recommend someone who does good replica fish mounts? Somebody in the past had recommended a guy named Ron Kelly. He averages 11.00 per inch (per his website). I'd like to find a recommendation based on first hand knowledge; I'm not sure how you try to get a refund on a mount that doesn't meet your expectations!
    I'm interested in having a 42" pike mount made, if that helps at all.
    Thanks,
    Jim

Default Mark Oslund

Quote Originally Posted by Big Jim View Post
    Hello everybody,
    Can you guys recommend someone who does good replica fish mounts? Somebody in the past had recommended a guy named Ron Kelly. He averages 11.00 per inch (per his website). I'd like to find a recommendation based on first hand knowledge; I'm not sure how you try to get a refund on a mount that doesn't meet your expectations!
    I'm interested in having a 42" pike mount made, if that helps at all.
    Thanks,
    Jim
    Check out Mark Oslund: http://rltaxidermy.com/ If you are in Anchorage, his replicas can be seen all over Sporty Warehouse. His mounts are is as good as anyones, but you will pay for it. Well worth it in my opinion, but it ain't goin' on my wall
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Default Woodland Taxidermy

Check out Woodland Taxidermy in Palmer. He does the best fish mounts I've seen.

I strongly agree with Mark Oslund. He is a National Champion in the Cold Water Reproduction category. He also has a huge selection of his personally molded fish. That is one of his specialities. He doesn't need to order them from the big supply houses that most order from. His website is not very good. Give him a call and he or his wife will be more than happy to talk with you. He is much more expensive than $11 an inch but as was said before you get what you pay for.

I went to http://www.globalfishmounts.com/news.shtml after watching Dirty Jobs The sockeye looks O.K. if you just want one to put on the wall. There seems to be a theme that you get what you pay for so I don't know what you will get. They seem to be into tropical fish (Florida)