Thread: Need Hunting Partner

Default Need Hunting Partner

I need a hunting partner for a bou hunt. My wife won't let me go alone up the haul road and all my possible hunting partners have sissied out due to one thing or another. I am looking for someone to go Oct. 5-8, leaving the night of the 4th. Bow and/or rifle for hunt. Please PM me if interested. I just need to go hunting cause next season I don't believe we (1-25 SBCT) will be in town if you know what I mean. Thanks.

Sapper 2-6

P.S. - No comments about my wife owning me please!!!

Talking

Your wife is pretty smart not letting you go alone.Been there done that and Murphy's Law seems to kick in when I go alone.I would be more than happy to join you but I do not know If Im going to 4 10's next week or not.And I would have to be back Monday morning.But I do hope you find a partner that aint a sissy soon
    Is your wife and mine related? she owns me as well.Daniel

I dont think I would want to do that hunt alone even if I was "allowed" to. I have been talking about doing a hunt up that way. I need to make a few phone calls but Ill try to get with you in the next day or so and let ya know if ill be able to swing that. Ill PM you my contact info.

Justin
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY **** WHAT A RIDE!!!"

Default bad timing

im plannin on heading up there by myself wife dont like it too much though but leaving on the 3rd and gotta be back to work on the 7th.

bump to the top

Sapper,
    My woman would only let me go last January/February if I took a satellite phone. It cost about $100.00 +/-, depending on how many calls she requires you to make.

Still, it would be better to have a hunting partner (somebody to help haul the meat and cook the meals.)

Sorry, I can't go. Going moosing 3rd week of Oct. No more time off from work before/after that

Default Go

Go. It is not that hard of a hunt with a bow and there are truckers and people all over the road if you have an emergency. Not hunting in not an option.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

The haul road hunt is what you make of it.

if you drive up and down the road like the typical "bowhunter" that is up there...no it's not a road hunt.

If you drive till you start seeing animals and get away off the road on your own two feet......well I'd have to tell you that's a little more then the alternative.

I have a spot I like hiking out too and glassing...Is that not hunting? It has to be as much so as driving a boat to a pile of dog food and shooting bears over it .

I'd gladly go with you sapper but my schedule and yours after this weekend wont line up.

Also make note of the condition of the animals and DO NOT shoot a big bull that appears to be rutting. You're liable to end up killing and throwing all the meat away.

If you plan on doing the road hunt gig....as boring as it is, I'd go solo. It's still a beautiful place. It's been a few years since I've been up, 2005. I'm sure nothings changed. mulitple people jumping in the ditch running out after herds of caribou when there are already a people set up on the caribou and waiting. What kills me is the people who jump in the ditch like it's a mafia hit club. I can definatly see why in some people's eyes this is not a hunt. The hunt is what you make of it!

Default may be interested

Sent you a pm.

Casey

I just had the same thing happen to me. A buddy and I were planning a bou hunt using Northern Air Trophy as our flight service. He called last night and said finances wouldn't allow hime to go. Man that stung.

Default Hunt

I AM INTERESTED IN GOING WITH U ON THE 4 DAY PLEASE EMAIL ME jeremysandershunter@yahoo.com