Thread: anyone bear bait on tanana

Default anyone bear bait on tanana

was wandering if anyone has been bearbaiting using the tanana river to get to there spots if so how far from the chena did u go i m not looking for your spots just wandering if it is worth it to try rather then drive all the way out to the forest where i have baited in the past i was on the other side of the river a few years back and remember seeing a old stand someone had built and a old steel drum so i guess someone must have tried it just wandering if anyone has had any luck

Jason Ive seen many posts on here about the baiters out there ,so yes they do.As on how far you go,Id say it depends on how far you want to go.I had planned on it last year to go this year but me getting stuck in the Tanana twice last year out there by myself sucks,so I never did go out this year baiting.Daniel

Alot of people bait near the Chena area. It's very accessable, so I wouldnt. Seems that lately we have been seeing more Griz tracks in the area also. I would either go way out from the Chena or go somewhere else.

I bait off the tanana. Where I go its a ways from the chena though (more on the eastern side of the state). We have used a boat but that can be a mean river and with our limited boating skills we go the long route and go in by ATV (we know our limitations).

Where we go, if you dont get a shot on a bear, it means your not hunting.