Thread: found a griz/may need partner, again....

Default found a griz/may need partner, again....

(1) I managed to find another descent interior grizzly, and feel very fortunate to have secured a brown bear this spring and a griz this fall. Stink sometimes blows your way if you keep after it. This guy appeared at 55' while I was sitting watching a gravel bar. A tad exciting.... (2) My partner for brown bear, in 16B in a few weeks, is hedging on me, so I may need to find a hunter or curious soul who wants to explore. (If not a hunter, I'd take care of the gas, etc; bring your own food/gear. Male or female; just someone who has been around bears before and can shoot, if need be.) PM me if interested. Going over in my RHIB, from Kenai, then camping on the shore somewhere. I've never been there, so I am exploring/camping/hunting, and probably freezing. Thanks. j
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice looking Girzz! How big was it? You are just racking up the bear kills, need to spread some of that luck around.

Default Grizzly.

Send me a PM and I may be able to offer some advice. I returned on Sept. 6th from a bear hunt over there in the Redoubt Creek area. My buddy and I each got a grizzly. Thanks.

Dave
    Soldotna

Default Very nice bear

What did you take him with?

I'm guessing it was a Winchester model 70 super express chambered in 375 H&H or up. I sent you a pm, by the way.

Default more info

Thanks to all who have inquired about going over there w/ me. I am trying to get a note to all of you; happy to talk w/ anyone. This will be difficult to coordinate on such short notice (my partner officially bailed out today; took a job), as everyone is busy as hell this time of year. I'll be leaving to look for a cow real soon. I got the bear w/ a 416 Rem, 400 grn A-frames (I think), and yes, a model 70 Winch. I got him off the Yukon. He measures about 6'8" w/out any come-along stretching him, but I don't know exactly how to measure (include claws? etc). That is minor stuff, though. His skull is 22 5/16" and he could have kicked the snot out of me, therefore "big enough". Hide has some blond modeling, so it should look pretty. I have no exact date I need to go, so I can work w/ most anyone; I have no job that pays, so I leave when I feel like it. The weather, I hear, gets nasty in latter Oct, so that may be about it, and I hear the bears hibernate about then. I live in Frb; could leave here w/ someone or meet someone there. We need to talk first, as neither of us knows the other from Madonna; that is only reasonable and fair to us both. I am not too hard to get along w/ if someone is reasonably quiet, and I am not interested in campfires and loud stories until the shooting is done. Thanks again. john

Default Am set now.

I have a partner. Thanks to all who contacted me. As suspected, there are some good hunters out there among us! I appreciate the interest; maybe next time we can hook up. In the meantime, good luck to all. john