Thread: straight vs angled

Default straight vs angled

I do have a question as to what are the differances in straight and angled view, and does anyone have a prefrence.
    Thanks Matthew

Default Kinda of depends on tripod and use

If you are using a tripod tall enough to stand behind it doesn't really matter too much. However, if sheep hunting with a small tripod that you have to either sit or lay behind to view the angled is very nice espeically if looking up hill otherwise you might be looking like a snake as the eye piece will be close to the ground trying to look through it. Just my opinion.

Lightbulb I think this is specifically what you are for...

Quote Originally Posted by mlogue View Post
    I do have a question as to what are the differances in straight and angled view, and does anyone have a prefrence.
    Thanks Matthew
    Matt - The referrence to angled or straight is simple...it is the angle of sight compared to the angle of the spotter housing. Straight is inline with the housing or 180*, Angled forms ~45* angle. Click here to see the difference between Swaro straight and angled scopes. Most all spotters are the same configuration.

-Buck

Default forgot what I prefer...

I believe this is an opinion that needs to be formed by the individual.

Most folks base their decision on what they will be using the scope for. Many prefer angled for the comfort it provides when glassing, particularly on an incline or decline of any type. By using an angled spotter when glassing uphill you can have the scope pointed up and look down into the eyecup. With a straight spotter you must lay on the ground or have a higher tripod. There are many other situations, this is just one.

I have used/owned both and I prefer straight to angled. The main reasons are eye comfort and aligning the scope with the target. This is what works for me. There are many others with other opinions, you have to form your own!

Default angled from now on

I've used straight for years........just purchased an angled and I'll never go back.......angled just seems more versatile for me.......emphasis on "for me."

Joe
    Where there's a hobble, there's hope.

I like the angled.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and donít have one, youíll probably never need one again

Default angled

I'd have to agree - I like the angled

I find that alot of my spotting is done from the prone position. I like how the angled spotter lends itself to very comfortable positioning.

Without the angled eye piece the spotter has to be off the ground far enough to allow you to get your head in behind it...

As was said earlier... It's personal pref....

Thumbs up

I have the angled and really like it .
    Used the straight ones in the past but prefer the angled .
    My 02

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif