Thread: Seen any ewes ???

Default Seen any ewes ???

Just got back from a no moose in the freezer season so I need to fill my ewe tag. My permit is good to the end of the month.Anywhere in the Chugach mt's except eklutna bowl ,Spotted a few on Pioneer might try there
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

there was a lone ewe on MIA peak today, i'm headed up in the morning your more than welcome to join me, i've got a ram tag and wil continue back into twin peaks for a look see, but i'm not after any ewes, should be a couple back in by the lake as well, shoot me a pm tonight if get a chance if you'd like to team up and head up there.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default twin peaks from eklutna side

co-worker was there last weekend, tagged out sat. afternoon. Shot a big ewe, said he seen 8 with no kids. Snowed on him and fog rolled in. He almost got lost. He was at 5000' when he shot the ewe. Twin peaks was to his right on his way down is all I know. He went there two weekends in a row and other sheep hunters were packing out rams and ewes. Last weekend they didn't seem to scattered he said. He was surprised but it was probably the snow and fog drove them together. Snowed 3-4"inches on him. Last year he tagged out in Ship Valley I think from the Indian Pass side. Pretty good hike I think but him and his partner both tagged out the last day of the season. Good luck.

Default ship lake area

LAst week I went in from glen alps to ship lake and came out indian valley. I shot a yew in the little valley to the east of where ship lake valley and indian valley meet. When we were leaving we saw seven sheep right at the indian creek pass and about 17 going into ship lake valley but both are quite a hike. It was a great trip though. Lots into there