Thread: ultralights???

MNTS_R_MY_PLYGRND

Default ultralights???

Does anyone have any information on ultralights in regards to what type I.E. powered parachutes etc. Or anyone who I could contact to ask questions to. Any help would be appriecated.

Thanks.

There is a place out at Birchwood Airport that used to sell, store, and rent Trikes. I don't know the name of the place but that is where my Dad learned to fly and rented them. The owner past a few years ago so I don't know what the current state is with that business but it might be worth looking out there.

Default trikes

I have three guys I work with that own and fly trikes and they love to talk about it Ill PM you there email address.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "HOLY **** WHAT A RIDE!!!"

There are TONS of people that have Ultralights on the North Pole air strip right off the Richardson Hwy near 12 mile. They actually have a little area that you could turn into and I am quite sure that you could personally talk to someone there. The only planes I have seen take off and land on there have all been Ultralights. I can't remember the street name, but it's ____ something aviation. It's the only one there... so you can't miss it.
    On our airstrip, I have only seen a couple of Ultralights do touch and go~s... and I am pretty sure that there aren't many that have Ultralights. On our airstrip, we have low and high wing planes, Super Cubs, Experimentals, and I think that there are 2 cessnas.
    Does that help any? Do you know that flight area that I am refering to in North Pole?
    Lurker.

CotoAK, which strip do you live on?

The North Pole strip you are talking about is called "Bradley Sky Ranch". Becareful who you talk to there. There is a fat guy that sells ultralights there that is pretty shady. I met him once but I cannot remember his name. 2 years ago while my Army unit was deployed one of our guys paid him upfront for a brand new ultralight. It was straight out of the box brand new and was supposed to be ready as soon as he got back from the desert. Well, he comes back and the guy had not even ordered all the pieces yet. My friend tried to get his money back but he pretty much ended up with nothing. Last I heard he was pursuing legal action but I do not think it worked out for him.

Mike

Cool quicksilver mx

I'vew got a quicksilver mx that i'm considering letting go, I'm moving out of state end of oct. so its either sell this or figure out how to ship it to utah. If your interested give me a shout, it needs a little work but i'd make you a good deal since new one's or 10 grand. This thing can be off the ground in 75 feet and flies three axis at 45 to 55 mph its faster than a parachute and has insturments. David. 816-529-8312 Ft. wainwright

Smile skyraider llc

Hello
    Tim here I'm a general manager for skyraider llc in Nampa ID. And I'm looking for a dealer in Alaska.We are thinking of coming to the airshow in Anchorage in may if you are interested.check us out at skyraiderllc.com