Thread: Caribou decoy

Default Caribou decoy

Does anyone know where I can get a caribou decoy? I found one on the web from Hunter's edge decoys in Oregon, but the phone # listed does not work. This one fits on the bow and is the one I want, but beggers can't be choosers, so any decoy will do.

Default decoys

I called that # listed for the one that fits on the bow and never did get anything. Montana Decoys is suppose to come out with a boo decoy for next season or so they told me in a phone conversation. Not one that goes on the bow though. It's a foldable one that stands alone or you can carry and try and put the sneak on em. Not that this helps you now but an alteritive for next season maybe.

We used the Montana Decoy prototype. It worked fairly well for rifle hunting but we didn't have much luck with it bowhunting. We had one younger bull all confused on what was going on, but he kept a safe, 80-100 yard edge on us. The big herds would run at the sight of the thing. I wanted to try it out by getting in front of a moving group, but at the time of the season we were using it, the caribou were hanging in groups and only moving to chase each other off or run cows, so there was no real direction that they were headed.

It looks pretty life like, but probably needs a little smaller antlers and a longer nose. The nose on the head of the caribou was "drawn" on, instead of an extension, so it probably needs some work up there. Hopefully they'll take that into consideration when they start making them in bulk.

Default Boo Decoy

When I talked to them they didn't have any of those left, and from what they said they didn't like that one they made nor any of the other photos they had on hand. Said they were looking at getting more pics and and going from there with the new one. Hope it turns out good. I'd like to try one next season.

Default Montana Decoys

Montana decoys work well. I just came up from Montana and used their deer and elk decoys with much success, so I will be waiting for their caribou. Thanks guys!