Thread: Delta

Default Delta

Any information on good hunting areas between North Pole and Delta Junction. Anyone have any success between them areas?

Thats a wide range of an area your asking about all 100 miles of it...What in specific are you looking at to hunt? This might help out a bit more. Daniel

Default animals

sorry about that. Looking to do some grouse and ptarmigan hunting.

Check the higher elevations for Ptarmigans and any trails for the Grouse.Ive been finding more Spruce Grouse than any else and managed my 1st Ruffie yesterday.
    Anyhow between here and Delta there are some good trails and If you have a 4-wheeler I can point you in the right direction.
    I'll be out there myself checking things out as I have today and the weekend off.And I was thinking about heading up the Steese for some Ptarmigans myself.Daniel

Hi, how far up the Stesse would you start to find Ptarmigans? Thanks thought of a runup there but not sure as how far to go.

flat top mountain has them everytime im up there. you just need to go up the steese say 60 miles and then jump on a 4-wheeler and get up on top of those ridges.

CZ

Thanks, any luck recently in NP area? I only have found a few (2) ruffies for frezzer so far this yr. Thanks again

Default Wainwright

Havent shot any in the NP area yet but smoked a few this past week on Ft. Wainwright with the bow. I also took the dog out the other day around Eielson but had no luck , not even a rabbit. Plan on going a little bit past Eielson here in a few hours. Im working my way towards Delta.

Yogi...Like CZ said anywhere up on top in the open you'll find them.Ive seen them up there as far as Circle..And the wheelers helps tremendously If you want to get back in there.
    Ive been finding birds just Sprucies tho in numbers.Havent seen any around here in N.P. either.Im about to head out the door in a few and see If I cant find some Grouse and or ducks.Daniel