Thread: Shipping moose horns to the lower 48, Ideas?

Default Shipping moose horns to the lower 48, Ideas?

Does anyone know where a friend of mine can ship his moose horns reasonably?
    Any info would be great. He want to do a european and doesn't want o split them.
    Thanks

The best way is to ship them on Alaska air. I sent a a 66" set that was done in a european mount and they took real good care of them, all of the points were covered and they padded the skull. I dont remember how much it cost but they were the best deal.

Did you ship them known shipper or through their antler express.

I have an idea if you box them and want to drive me to and from the airport I will use my known shipper information and ship them to your friend. I'm a known shipper with Alaska Air and I willing to donate some time to help you out. I imagine you would like to ship them General Cargo with Alaska Airlines which is the cheapest they have, you can get their shipping rates at their web site: http://www.alaskaair.com/as/www2/car...go-Pricing.asp

PM me if I can help.

Here is my experience...
    I just shipped a shoulder mounted white tail deer head from Montana in June. I used a shipping company that ended up using either fed ex or ups ground to Seattle and then it was barged to Anchorage. I called Alaska Airlines and was told that the packaged mount was to big to fit on the airlines. My box was 36"x32"x48". The whole thing cost me $382.00 and I received it in about two weeks. I was told that shipping companies ship by linear weight now insted of the actual weight. My box weighed about 25 lbs. I believe that Alaska Air restriction is 65" Linear inches.

I don't know about the sizes but I have a box that I put a Zodiac and 5HP outboard in and the outboard is in the box from the dealer. Not as big as moose many moose horns but if you can estimate weight and dimensions you can enter them here and see if they will take it on AK Air:

http://cargo.alaskaair.com/Cargo%20R...teRequest.aspx