Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Delta silver help????

Question Delta silver help????

My dad is up for a few more days and I would like to get him on a couple silvers in Delta. Any info on if the fishing is good at this time and where to go on the clearwater would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Rod

it's a little early I think though there should be a few showing up in the lower river.

I like going down, doesnt matter, just away from the boat launch if possible. There is also great grayling fishing in DCW.

You migth look into Julius creek and Clear creek confluences just south of nenana. The access point is 9.9 miles (give or take a 10th or so it's been awhile since I've been there) on your right. The parks will make a left hand turn just south of here. Once you make the right you'll see a big p ond, just follow the trail back. We used to be able to park the tracks and walk over. The last I heard the beavers had the area flooded. It was still walkable without question.

Go down below the cabin and you'll see the confluence of clear and Julius.

Oh bring a 22 pistol if you have one as the grouse hunting used to be ok.

This was better fishing earlier then DCW for obvious reasons.

If you go let me know, I have the next two weeks of and have zero plans.

I bet you could catch silvers in clearwater now.

I have caught them as early as 1 st week september not far from the campground.

I have been unable to get to delta yet this fall for coho. I can not wait much longer, if you see a guy dressed like gene simmons fishing there say hello.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Wink Thanks guys

Pm sent to tradbow and salmon slayer. Thanks guys.

Cool Thanks Tradbow

I took my son out on Sunday to the spot near Nenana and he caught his first salmon ever on a fly rod with an egg sucking leach. I am not sure if any better father son time exists than the awesome day we had. I went earlier in the week with my father as well and we had a great time and landed three cohos on an egg sucking leach as well.

The walk back to this area is awesome. I did notice alot of garbage, mostly beer cans, on my first trip in. I took a grabage bag when my son and I went in and we picked up all of the trash on the trail and at the fishing hole. Someone had dumped garbage in a couple places and I could not carry all of the garbage out. I do not believe I will have time to make it back to this spot again this year. If you do make it to this spot please take a garbage bag and pick up the slobs messes to ensure we all have continued access to this great spot. Thanks

My son actually hooked the coho in an area where there was lots of brush and he could not land the fish without getting caught in brush. I waded out halfway across the stream and had my son throw me his rod with the fish still on and I held the fish until my son could cross downstream about 50 yards and get back to me and land the fish. The first two pictures are right after I handed my son his fly rod back and I turned the camera on and started clicking.

I have to say "Thankyou" to Tradbow and the others like him who share info.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default The coho

The last couple pics are of my son's salmon. What an awesome day we had!

Smile Fishing with Dad

Here is a couple pictures of when I went to the spot South of Nenana with my Dad earlier in the week. This was my first salmon on a fly rod. What a blast. This fish made about 10 runs up and down river. I actually got into my backing a couple times.

Talking Hmmmm, have I got a deal for you

If you tell me the spot, I'll bring a trash bag and clean up too!

Default What a beautiful place

A couple more pics

Default Fishnman look up

Tradbow posted excellent directions to the spot above. It is a good 2 mile hike back to the spot. Put your waders on as soon as you get to the tracks.

Red face LOL Duh!

I stand corrected....I know the place! I must have been in the Bahamas for a moment!! thx I know the feeling though of walking into an old favorite hole and seeing trash, old line, etc., from folks that have NO respect for the next person. It make sme sick...I'll def bring in a trash bag or two next time in.

thx again

Nice pics Rod!

but do I dare ask, do you plan on giving that bucks some tounge !

Thanks for cleaning up the place. Pretty noble in this state anymore.

Good luck on your bear hunt if I dont talk to ya. I'll try and get you a report from DCW this weekend for when you get back.

Went fishing on Friday at the Delta Clearwater. Arrived around noon. Saw some guys fly fishing catch a few. Tried both up and down stream of state park boat launch. Saw a few fish swim up. About every 15-30 minutes you would see 1-3 fish. Finally my buddy caught one on a vibrax. Then at about 5 pm I caught 3 with a vibrax. Not alot of fish. Mainly sight fished for them. Did catch a few grayling as well.

out

a recommendation. rent a boat and get away from the boat launch!!! I wont say more.

Nice pics posted. I have fished the confluence before during the summer/spring never got there for coho.

Delta looks likes its getting in full swing. I need to see if Gene Simmons will go down with me to cathc a few.

Love the pics, great memories I am sure.

TSS
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Rod,
    Nice pics, I'm jealous. I am stuck at the house pouring a foundation for the sunroom - that is on the north side of the house..... Guess I'll be waiting awhile for the sun to shine in there! Buick
    1989 24' Custom Almar, 460 3-stage SS Kodiak jet

Default Delta Clearwater Silvers

Hi Guys,

I fished Clearwater on Sunday, it's a little slow but there are silvers there to be caught, they seem to be coming through in spurts every 30 minutes to an hour. It will only get better in another week or two.P1010014.jpg

P1010017.jpg

Talking so much alaska, so little time

Robf-15E,

There is so much Alaska and so little time to discover it all. The sun will not be around for another 9 months to shine into your sunroom. You have lots of time to build the sun room then. Let's go fishing/discovering! Did you just hear that? It was a little voice saying "Come to Delta Clear Water, the silvers are waiting."

Powerstroke,

Nice fish, I hopefully will get down to DCW to partake in the festivities soon. Thanks for the report.
    Last edited by AFHunter; 09-25-2007 at 16:17. Reason: added more message

Rod,
    Maybe next weekend. I have to get that concrete down this weekend while the temps are still above freezing. I am not as eager to go after fish I can't eat. I'd rather find a charter and go after Halibut, but I think most of them are done as well. Taking the rug rats down to see the fat rat at Disney and all their relatives blew most of the summer. I'd say there is always next year, but I'll be PCSing next summer. Seems like the time up here is flying by. Of course the older I get the faster time seems to be moving...
    1989 24' Custom Almar, 460 3-stage SS Kodiak jet

and here I thought you had your boat winterized.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast