Thread: Juneau Ammo Prices!!!

Default Juneau Ammo Prices!!!

Anyone in Juneau have a chance to check out the ammo prices at the new Walmart? I figured they would be cheaper, but they are charging $44 for a box of basic .44 Mag ammo. It is sold at other stores for around the mid-to-high $20 range. Am I the only one who thinks this is crazy? Or am I out of touch with recent ammo prices? I heard they were going up, due to increased prices for brass, but $44...???

They're high here in Fairbanks too. I figured it was price gouging due to hunting season being here. The $11 cheapo boxes of .30-06 ammo that I got at Sportsmans last summer is gone and the cheapest .30-06 ammo that they have now is $26. I haven't looked at the handgun ammo for awhile since I have a lot stashed away at present, but the last time that I looked it was pretty high. I'm going to switch to reloading this winter ...may as well try to save a little money by loading my own, or at least getting more for my money. I wonder what powder, primer, and bullet prices are doing? Wheel weights anyone? I also wonder how much of these price increases can be traced back to those that failed to make guns illegal and are now trying to make it impossible to get shooting supplies, e.g. the recent OSHA changes that were put forth ...and now delayed by the huge public uproar. I dunno ...whenever I see someone try to disarm me, they never seem to be able to come up with good reasons why and always ignore the reasons that say they shouldn't. There's something unethical and untruthful in all that somewhere... nobody can be that stupid (or can they?)

Brian

In spite of the fact that RAYCO has overcharged us for years, and years, and years on weapons/ammo/and etc. I WILL NOT ENTER WALMART.

The local economy is more important than your ability to save $1.05 on a box of bullets IMO.

Default Wheel Weights

In regards to wheel weights...

I don't reload, but I recently read that todays wheel weights produce some very soft lead, which may be on the soft side for reloading. But hey...it could definately save you some money, so it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by SoggyMountain View Post
    In spite of the fact that RAYCO has overcharged us for years, and years, and years on weapons/ammo/and etc. I WILL NOT ENTER WALMART.

The local economy is more important than your ability to save $1.05 on a box of bullets IMO.

Bravo, my good man, Bravo! Spoken like a true American. Thank you.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

I WILL NOT ENTER WALMART.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one.

Murph... THEY lost my business before they opened their doors. They could have had some of my money, but they said the wrong thing at the wrong time.

When Fred Meyer came to Juneau, the locals were in a tither. But, a FM Rep said, "We don't put people out of business, but...we might make honest businessmen out of some."

They were 100% correct. They priced themselves into the market while others began offering "loyalty" points. Nobody of general value died over prices.

Last Fall Walmart announced that they were going to delay opening because the bids for remodel were too expensive. At the same time, Fred's was breaking ground for their expansion. ... This was the moment that changed my mind from wanting more variety to wanting more investment.

By their actions WM said, "boo hoo Alaska costs too much."

By their actions FM said, "We've made money in this town for 20 years, let's give them more."

I'll support those that support us.