Thread: My first/last post in this forum about the Kenai

Default My first/last post in this forum about the Kenai

After a very mean spirited and hurtful e-mail from a member of these forums, I will no longer participate in threads discussing Kenai River Management.

Thanks,

Yukon

Yukon, I am very sorry to hear that you were attacked via e-mail from a forum member. I can only hope that it was not by a regular member who should exhibit the sort of kind and reasoned decorum that we try to exhibit here. I, for one, would be saddeded if you did not participate in future discussions of Kenai policy. I disagree with you often, but I highly value your input as someone who understands guide issues from the inside. I can't possibly hope to understand the complexities of Kenai fishery management without the input of bios, sportfishermen, personal use dipnetters, and yes - even guides. You are well-spoken and honest when having these discussions, and as such represent your fellow guides well.

Despite whatever another member may have said, we would all lose something if you choose to no longer participate.

-Brian

Default Yukon - your choice

Yukon, not going to try and sway you either way - you are an adult and can make this call.

I enjoyed our exchanges even though I pushed you and you pushed back.

Default not me

Quote Originally Posted by Nerka View Post
    Yukon, not going to try and sway you either way - you are an adult and can make this call.

I enjoyed our exchanges even though I pushed you and you pushed back.
    Someone emailed me and asked what I said to Yukon. They thought I had sent the email to him that caused him to leave. Just to set the record right I did not email Yukon with anything that caused him problems. We have emailed back and forth - we push our points but he has been civil and so have I. Would not take the forum time with this except for the comments I received.

Sorry moderators for taking up space with this.

Default Reconsider

Yukon - My guess is that whoever sent you the hurtful message did so in an attempt to silence you and to make sure your point of view is no longer discussed in this forum. Don't let them do that. Such tactics only serve to discourage open and honest debate on the issues. Shutting off debate on an important topic thru intimidation is never constructive.

My advice is to stay in the conversation, even if you take a few hits occasionally. We all do.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by yukon View Post
    After a very mean spirited and hurtful e-mail from a member of these forums, I will no longer participate in threads discussing Kenai River Management.....
    I'm very sorry to read this.

This should stand as a lesson for all that emailing regarding hot political topics may not be a wise thing to do. Keep it on the forum where the moderators can do the great job that they do tempering us when issues get warm........