Thread: Coal Mine Road Glennallen

Default Coal Mine Road Glennallen

Anyone fished the stocked lakes off of Coal Mine Road? Do you need an ATV to access or can you reach it by foot? Looking at taking my nephew camping/fishing in there, so should I be concerned about bear activity in that area? Thanks!

Default Restrictions

Coal Mine Road has some restrictions for access during hunting season. The sign is posted outside the entrance.

It is closer to Delta though than GlennAllen.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...D/9/LakeID/263
    Last edited by Daveinthebush; 09-17-2007 at 15:19. Reason: More info

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Coal Mine Lake

Thanks for the link. I am assuming that the link would have provided some information regarding the access restrictions during hunting season but I didn't see any information. I don't own an ATV currently, so I would be walking to the lake. Unless there are restrictions regarding the actual road to the trail I don't necessarily see any problems, do you? As far as bear are concerned, it is fall time so I would assume most are in the Alpine eating berries and such, so do you think there would be a significant concern for encounters. My nephew is young and his mother would NEVER EVER let me forget that I took her son into a bear infested location. Regardless I still plan on packing my protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Daveinthebush View Post
    Coal Mine Road has some restrictions for access during hunting season. The sign is posted outside the entrance.

It is closer to Delta though than GlennAllen.

http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/state...D/9/LakeID/263

Default Bears

It is bear country but there have been a lot of sheep, moose and caribou hunters accessing that road. I would expect it to be rather sparse of game right now.

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

I have been out there this week. Moose season is over for that area so most ppl are out and lots of parking places are now open. Depending on what lake you want to go to you might even be able to drive a truck in and park at it. Other than that there is two or three good areas to park and then walk the rest of the way. It has been raining like mad the past two days so be prepared for mud and lots of it along with our well-known Delta wind. As far as bears I have two friends who were out that way for the end of moose season and saw three different bears in one day. There are lots of gut piles and berries out and about right now. Have a good trip!

Default Info

Thanks for all the info guys.