Thread: Snow Fever

Default Snow Fever

Anyone else feeling that itch? A little twitch in the right thumb? Brain recalling the sweet scent of 2-stroke oil? Looking out the window every morning for signs that Jack Frost has visited?

Default been here.

In Fairbanks we got some dustings in the hill this weekend, and I put new skins on my machine. Ive been itching to ride all summer.

Has anybody laid eyes on the new LT Tundra yet? Im really interested to see on for myself if there is one on display at the dealerships.

Default tundra LT

There not in yet at compeau's and I'm patiently waiting for mine to arrive!! Perhaps bryd hunter we can get together this winter and you can take mine for a spin, I'm ready to do some ptarmigan hunting........

Been snow on baldy. Fired up my bro's summit today to bring her into the garage and both thought "what a great sound!". Cant wait for snow like this!!

I'm ready, but my machine isn't! I still need to fix all the stuff I broke on the last ride, mainly being the $1400 tranny .

T chicken,

Sounds like fun. Im not a speed demon on my sled it only a Tundea R, but I like to get out.

sent you a PM

Default Oh Yeah!

Been feeling the itch to ride ever since break up. Once I get home from work, gonna tweak the sled and get'er ready for snow. It looks like Hatcher pass is doing well for a base coat of snow. We just need about five feet of white to dump on us!
    Gunup1

Default Tundra Long Track

At first glance the Tundra LT looked like the answer to my prayers until they told me they don't make a tall windshield for it. I'm 6'4" and a tall windshield is essential. Oh well, maybe next year.

Default snow

The white stuff is falling in Fairbanks today.

I went out the other day to fire my 'ol beast up and promptly broke the pull cord after about 3 pulls....

Nothing like starting out the season by working on the sled!

AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Default Still snowing

Been coming down all day. Might just be a white weekend!
    Last edited by byrd_hntr; 01-31-2008 at 14:43.

Default I couldn't wait anymore I took the sled out today

I know, I know not enough base, but at full throttle do your ski really ever hit? LOL! I'm pumped and the mods from this summer are dialed.

I was gonna put some great pics from Arcticman last year but can't get the file small enough to post.

Any way.........does anyone know what the snow conditions are like at summit or cantwell? Website showing total snow inches, base, etc. I know they got a fair amount today. Hate to drive 3 hrs to find out it isn't much better than here.

Thanks for the assist guys.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    I was gonna put some great pics from Arcticman last year but can't get the file small enough to post.
    Just open an account with Photobucket (free) and it automatically downsizes the photos and you can post the direct links here using the

icon.
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Fired up both my sleds yesterday and took one for a spin. No, not enough snow, but enough to get the itch out a bit.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Default Pull Start Ropes

Quote Originally Posted by AKmud View Post
    I went out the other day to fire my 'ol beast up and promptly broke the pull cord after about 3 pulls...
    A suggestion... go to a climbing gear store and find some Spectra accessory cord in the same diameter as your pull rope. Use that to replace the rope and you'll never break a rope again. I replaced the cord on my old AC prowler with some nice green & purple Spectra cord some 10 years ago and never had another issue with it. Plus it matched my all green color scheme.

Talking Fired them up!

Fired up both my Arctic Cats and took them for a spin around the block! They where purin like kittens..... Still need a little more snow for some serious riding.

Default Oh yeah!

I definately have had the itch all summer. I have 2-stroke running through my veins and I need a fix! I hate being down in california for school, but I get to come back for a month in dec/jan so I can at least get some riding in this year! Lucky dogs being in AK, I never knew how much I'd miss it until I got here.